06 450 pipe

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have it narrowed down to three candidates:

-FMF Factory 4.1

-WB's Aluminum Pro (Carbon Pro is too breakable)

-Dr. D

I am leaning towards the Dr. D, but may consider the WB. The reason I'm not 100% sold on the FMF is the Titanium. The last one I had got dents pretty easy and I was told it is because the stainless is much tougher and not as thin...

Any suggestions on these?

WB Alum Pro2 or DRD for me.............. ?

I was thinking the same and leaning toward the Dr.D. I'm still a couple months away from making the decision.

I have the WB Carbon Pro on the way right now. I will give a report on it after this weekend.

Please do...post some pics of the exhaust on the bike when you get it...it has to look kewl too.. ?

remember, loud pipes kill riding areas

Ya, whats wrong with the stock pipe? ? There is no one on here that needs more power and etc... Stay stock save your $$$ and practice to get better the pipe wont make a differance in your speed. ? This is just my opinion though.

Has anyone bought a pipe for their 06 450 yet?

I'm trying to figure out which one to get, I had a Carbon Pro on the 05 and loved it. I'm Considering he Pro Circuit this year.

Any Comments?

I've got an Akrapovic on my '04 . Works awesome , relatively quiet @98 dB - advertised as FIM noise legal . I believe they also have 2 head pipe options .

Pro's : Outstanding quality/workmanship and performance Ti pipe . Fits like OEM . Looks killer and my friends tell me sounds killer !

Con : Expensive

I have been running the Dr. D. The main reason I bought a pipe was that I needed a spark arrester. The extra bonus was that Dr D is a stainless system and doesn`t change the type of power delivery to much over stock. It does add a touch more juice throughout the power spread. Last but not least, The price is probably the best out there.

Ya, whats wrong with the stock pipe? ? There is no one on here that needs more power and etc... Stay stock save your $$$ and practice to get better the pipe wont make a differance in your speed. ? This is just my opinion though.

Xtreme I will tell you what is wrong with the stock pipe it is too loud and it doesn't have a built in sparky.

Here in D-37 where we race desert we have a 96db sound limit that is tested at the races. We also have a tech inspection for a sparky and the green or red sticker on the start line fail that and you don't race.

For some people it's not more hp or speed that is the reason to change pipes it's because the stock pipe doesn't take into account riding on BLM property.

I agree ! The only reasons I could see for buying a new pipe for a 2006 450 are:

- Need a quieter pipe/sparky (I could see wanting that).

- The stock one gets wadded.

- You've got way more money than you know what to do with and you cant think of anything better to spend it on.

When people feel they need a louder high performance pipe, are they starving for more HP because they're using everything the bike has or is it just for the cool factor?

Loud pipes shutdown riding areas! The AMA needs to get on the stick with sound limitations for race bikes!

remember, loud pipes kill riding areas

I should have mentioned that I only ride in closed course competition areas.

No one here needs a dirt bike! :bonk:

wheww...comparing not "needing" a dirt bike to not "needing" a highdollar replacement pipe is quite the apples to oranges comparison! Whatever it takes to justify the purchase I guess.

I'll hand it to the folks making $500-$800 replacement pipes, they've done a bang up job with the marketing. Why else would so many riders on 50hp bikes feel that a stock pipe is somehow holding them back.

In the last couple years there have been 2 closed course tracks that were shut down in our area due to complaints of noise. Both went to court, both tracks are now gone.

Sorry, I dont mean to be argumentative...I've just got a big issue with loud expensive replacement pipes on big 4 strokes. There are to many riders buying pipes that are louder than stock (which are already to loud), who then go out an do their best to pizz of the neighbors with the noise.