Amsoil & Rekluse

Since I run Amsoil in everything I own and plan on putting in a Rekluse in the next week or so, I emailed Rekluse regarding running Amsoil with the Z-Start since it contains no friction modifiers. Here's what they wrote:

"Our recommendation is the Rotella T which is non-synthetic. The thing that affects our clutch the most is oil with moly in it. You can try a synthetic without moly. I ran Amsoil in my 2 stroke and had no problems. The 4 strokes tend to run quite a bit hotter and that is when you will notice a difference in your engagement."

I'm gonna give it a whirl and see what happens. If anybody has any direct experience with a zero-modifier synthetic and the Rekluse, please chime in...SC

• 4 years later...
Since I run Amsoil in everything I own and plan on putting in a Rekluse in the next week or so, I emailed Rekluse regarding running Amsoil with the Z-Start since it contains no friction modifiers. Here's what they wrote:

"Our recommendation is the Rotella T which is non-synthetic. The thing that affects our clutch the most is oil with moly in it. You can try a synthetic without moly. I ran Amsoil in my 2 stroke and had no problems. The 4 strokes tend to run quite a bit hotter and that is when you will notice a difference in your engagement."

I'm gonna give it a whirl and see what happens. If anybody has any direct experience with a zero-modifier synthetic and the Rekluse, please chime in...SC

Clark. I realize this thread is going on 5 years old but how did the AMSOIL work out with the Rekluse? Has anyone else run this combo?

• 3 months later...