05 wr450 engine restriction

well i've heard that there are 3 major wr450 restriction the throttle stop the exhaust snorkel and well this little grey wire but i need too know how to get too the little grey wire cause i can't find it or i think i know where it is but don't wanna go pealin away at the wire covering and stuff but if i could kinda get some kind of direction or instruction on how too do it that would really help thanxs :thumbsup: any other modifications that won't cost any money would be great thanks :thumbsup:

Do a search, you'll find what you need in the archives...SC

ok thanks i got another question well would u kno if u can place a switch to set the bike too wr too yzf back and forth

You can, but why would you want too?...SC

ok thanks i got another question well would u kno if u can place a switch to set the bike too wr too yzf back and forth

No, sell the bike and get a moped. Really , I mean it. :thumbsup:

You won't want to go back to WR

ok so pretty much from what i read it jus opens the bike up and lets the bike run the way it was built too run with out the restrictions, now i do alot of single line stuff and the probablem i have with this is that my bike heats up alot when doing trails in low gear at slow speeds would removing the grey wire help kool the bike at all

Also do a search on airbox mods. You will want to open it up. The gray wire has little affect on lower RPM's.

ok so pretty much from what i read it jus opens the bike up and lets the bike run the way it was built too run with out the restrictions, now i do alot of single line stuff and the probablem i have with this is that my bike heats up alot when doing trails in low gear at slow speeds would removing the grey wire help kool the bike at all

From my understanind on the gray wire, it is the rev limiter, and only has an effect when you are really getting on the bike. So when youre just putting around in the lower rpm's i dont believe it should have an effect. these four strokes just really cook when youre putting along, no air flow to help cool it off, is my guess as to why.

The grey wire changes the ignition mapping to the YZ spec. The ignition timing will be more advanced at mid to high RPM compared to the WR timing.

I don't think it changes the revlimiter, I may be wrong though. :thumbsup: