HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lrutt

Thanks to everyone for all the advice rendered.

5 posts in this topic

Just finished quite a few mods on the 650L

- Kouba lowering link

- Clarke 4.0

- XR600 tank graphics

- XRsonly billet rack

- XRsonly oil temp gauge

- XR400 front fender

- Aluminum CR hi bend bars

This in addition to

- Supertrap IDS2

- de smogged, de snorkled

- Uni filter

- Opened up the air box

- Standard carb mods and rejetted

- 14/48 gearing

- D606 tires.

Only one thing left to do I think. Find one of those nice little front fender bags. I'm still debating that. I might try and find a way to make use of the rear rack. That XRsonly billet rack is a very nice piece. Hell of a deal compared to the other billet rack for $179 and much better and bigger than the Happy Trails rack I think.

It will likely be my primary mode of transport this summer when my wife and I try to spend a month on our Island property in norther Michigan. Lots of good dirt roads and trails there.

I've asked for a lot of advice and made a lot of searches over the past few months and I think I made all the right decisions. Thanks All.

That's quite a laundry list you got there. Almost as long as mine! Once the mods start, they're hard to stop because each one takes you that much closer to having the uLtimate All-terrain Assault Vehicle or AAV.

Good luck & enjoy your transformed ride.

Only one thing left to do I think. Find one of those nice little front fender bags. I'm still debating that. I might try and find a way to make use of the rear rack. That XRsonly billet rack is a very nice piece. Hell of a deal compared to the other billet rack for $179 and much better and bigger than the Happy Trails rack I think.

I have an XRsOnly rack. Instructions seemed a little hard to follow (go figure, its only a rack) so I pretty much skimmed them, winged it, and all went on as designed.

I moved my tool pouch to the front fender as I like having it on the bike. Can you just move yours? All I did was use the plastic base as a remplate, mark the spots on the front fender for the holes, drill them, and then re-use the bolts/nuts and mounted it on the front. See my gayrodge fer pix. I'll get some better ones in there soon, mebbe tonite.

The mods are easy, and even fun (at least for me), fun bike, helpful folks/site here, too. :thumbsup:

EDIT: OK, added some pix.