HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
baja brad

What oil do you run in your YAMAHA?

26 posts in this topic

I understand and have done a search on oils....but I was looking for some more input. Yamalube, Rotella (regular and synthetic), mobil 1 synthetic.

Any problems encountered? Synthetic harm the clutch?

Just some input. No wise cracks or ignorant comments, or "do a search" required...Thanks.

Shell Rotella 15W40 dino oil. Rekluse recommends this oil so thats what I use. I change it every 2-3 rides and have had no problems yet.

I run and have run Maxima 0W30 fully synthetic race oil in all of my bikes for the last few years, zero problems whatsoever.

Slipper clutch in the Honda CRF and soon to have a slipper in the 426F.

That is the regular "white bottle" Rotella or the blue synthetic?

Its the white bottle.

Yamalube 2040. It says YAMAHA. It is good. :thumbsup:
Yamaha isn't about to steer you wrong, if they like the oil, I like it to. :thumbsup:

It dont matter what oil you put in there, it will become contaminated quick, change it often. :bonk:

I am still running the old Mobil 1 redcap. I bought 2 the last 2 cases of it that napa here in Missoula had in early december. I will probably run Amsiol when I run out of this.