'06 YZ450F Question

I had my new Yz450F out at Mesquite MX park for it's first real ride after breaking it in. My son and I both rode it and later in the day it seems like a plug (welch plug or freeze type plug) fell or blew out of the case on the left (shifter side) and it was pouring oil out all over everything. Has this happened to anybody else?

It is back at the shop I bought it from and they are fixing it but I wanted to know if this is a common problem with the new 450 engines.

DBD

Not the first time I hear of it happen, been reported here earlier. Try the search.

Did a search and found where it happened to one other guy. Has it happened to anybody else?

Just take a center punch and stake the edges...Tdub

Just take a center punch and stake the edges...Tdub

I guess I will have to do that when I get it back from the dealer. They have it to check it out and replace the plug. They better change the oil too.

Did a search and found where it happened to one other guy. Has it happened to anybody else?

I saw you found it, happened only a couple days ago to letmein. There was at least another post some weeks earlier, but I could not find it using the search words "oil, leak, plug, or case" :thumbsup: