Oil mix ratio on a Blaster

I got Yam 200cc ATV Blaster, it has a 2 stock oil reservoir to mix in with the fuel.

I was riding flat out when for a moment it lost power. :eek: I stopped let it cool then continued on much slower. I guess it wasn’t getting enough 2 stock oil? ?

:bonk: I went to Yamaha and asked them…"It user as much as it needs” :bonk: (he must have been factor trained). :eek:

I measured of the oil bottle, kept a log of fuel and oil used over time. ?

I am using 100mm of oil to 10 liters of fuel, ie 100:1 mix. ?

I asked my friend he said Yamaha Outboards used 100:1 mix but he could tell me if that was normal for my bike?? :bonk:

Have I got a problem with the oil pump? ?

How much oil dose the blaster use? ?

the yamaha blaster is a oil injected bike, you put oil, Yamalube 2-s, in the tank under the seat... then you put gas in the tank... you dont have to worry about mixing anything... the only reason you would ever have to mix is if someone removed the oil injection system and put a block off plate on it. if your oil injection system has been removed then you want to mix at 32:1.... thats 4 ounces of oil for every 1 gallon of gasoline... and you mix them in a seperate container... do not attempt to mix the gas and oil inside the blasters gas tank and then shake it around... and thats about it... good luck...

the yamaha blaster is a oil injected bike, you put oil, Yamalube 2-s, in the tank under the seat... then you put gas in the tank... you dont have to worry about mixing anything... the only reason you would ever have to mix is if someone removed the oil injection system and put a block off plate on it. if your oil injection system has been removed then you want to mix at 32:1.... thats 4 ounces of oil for every 1 gallon of gasoline... and you mix them in a seperate container... do not attempt to mix the gas and oil inside the blasters gas tank and then shake it around... and thats about it... good luck...

?

ive been working in a yamaha dealership for 3 years now.. not once has someone brought a blaster in for oil injection system failure.... not saying it doesnt happen, but its very uncommon.... i have however sold about 3 block off plate kits... just for people who prefer to save weight by removing the oil pump and also making sure they can mix lean for power or rich for protection... mostly racers remove the pumps... if somehow your pump went bad... id block it off for cheap... rather than buying a new pump for 100.00 ... if i remember correctly the block off kit is about 32.95... good luck...

i have a bike with oil injection... i got rid of it... i completely removed the gear in the tranny that runs the pump, and made a block off plate to go into place of the pump...

i dont know if the blaster is set up with a specific gear that runs the oil pump, but on this there was so i just did it there too... less drag on the engine, not much, but every little bit helps

i have a bike with oil injection... i got rid of it... i completely removed the gear in the tranny that runs the pump, and made a block off plate to go into place of the pump...

i dont know if the blaster is set up with a specific gear that runs the oil pump, but on this there was so i just did it there too... less drag on the engine, not much, but every little bit helps

Quite a few people have had oil pump failures here. ?

Thank guys for all the info. ?

I am going to leave the oil pump on the bike which is supplying a 100:1 oil mix and make up the shot fall with pre-mix in the fuel to 32:1. :bonk:

Why you ask, so if I ever forget the per-mix a lease the motor will be getting some oil. ?

:bonk: Once again thanks. :bonk:

a little bit of extra oil never hurt anybody... i dont think the oil injection system is set up for 100:1 ratio though, unless perhaps thats the ratio per "squirt" of oil/gas going into the cylinder... 32:1 is fine even if you are using the oil pump... it may bog a little bit, and probably smoke more, but it will increase the longevity of the motor due to extra lubrication.... i think if it was me, and i was running the oil injection system and pre mix... i would mix more like 50:1.... a little less oil, still enough for safe protection, considering you dont even have to run pre-mix on this bike.... good luck....

• 15 years later...
On 2/20/2006 at 8:48 AM, Big Pond said:

I got Yam 200cc ATV Blaster, it has a 2 stock oil reservoir to mix in with the fuel.

I was riding flat out when for a moment it lost power. :eek: I stopped let it cool then continued on much slower. I guess it wasn’t getting enough 2 stock oil? ?

:bonk: I went to Yamaha and asked them…"It user as much as it needs” :bonk: (he must have been factor trained). :eek:

I measured of the oil bottle, kept a log of fuel and oil used over time. ?

I am using 100mm of oil to 10 liters of fuel, ie 100:1 mix. ?

I asked my friend he said Yamaha Outboards used 100:1 mix but he could tell me if that was normal for my bike?? :bonk:

Have I got a problem with the oil pump? ?

How much oil dose the blaster use? ?

Well I have a Yamaha blaster that was used for racing before I got it so it has no oil pump and kinda wish it did lol but I mix my gas at 40:1 and it runs amazing I’ve always used 40:1 on every 2 stroke I’ve ever Owned.

• 2 years later...

Hey everyone. Newbie here…..yes another one!!  I have a master 1998 with the oil injection system. My question is that I want to try running the bike with my own premix instead. Can I simple remove the oil feed pipe to the carb and block it off. If not, what is the simplest way to do it given that I may put it back should using premix not make any difference. Thanks in advance 

Even zombies run 32:1...

🤷

12 hours ago, Glenn576 said:

Hey everyone. Newbie here…..yes another one!!  I have a master 1998 with the oil injection system. My question is that I want to try running the bike with my own premix instead. Can I simple remove the oil feed pipe to the carb and block it off. If not, what is the simplest way to do it given that I may put it back should using premix not make any difference. Thanks in advance 

You're better off running the pump.

Oil injection works by rpm so at low rpm its very lean like over 100/1+  but at high rpm it adds more oil more like say 32/1 that's the benefits of oil injection waaaay less oil consumption and because of this less plug fouling because it only adds extra oil at high rpm when you need it unlike premix witch gets the full amount of oil necessary for full rpm at all times even idle witch causes more fouling and unnecessary oil consumption. MAKE SURE YOU USE OIL INJECTION OIL NOT REGULAR PREMIX OIL IF YOU USE THE INJECTION SYSTEM. 

Edited by john stu
  • Like 1

Hi. Thanks for explaining that to me. I will stick with the injection system. How do you know if the oil is the correct one, will it state that it is there a ref number for it?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Glenn576 said:

Hi. Thanks for explaining that to me. I will stick with the injection system. How do you know if the oil is the correct one, will it state that it is there a ref number for it?

Pretty much any brand name oil that says for dirt bikes/atvs that clearly states for use with oil injection most likely will say it right on the front of the bottle if it says both oil injection and premix thats fine also, Stick to one type of oil some don't play nice together.

Do not use Regular 2 stroke oil (oil that doesn't say for oil injection) it won't have the correct viscosity and will give too much or too little oil if used and could cause engine damage.

Example of injector oils :

https://maximausa.com/products/formula-k2-injector

https://maximausa.com/products/super-m-injector

Edited by john stu
  • Like 1