First ride with Rekluse, WOW!!!

Here is a question. Normally when I am in a very tight turn (example: 90 degree turn around a tree and the trail is 1' wide) I clutch to get the rpm's up (Usually 2nd gear) and when I get to the apex of the turn I dump and shoot out. How does the rekluse do that? In this senario I am keeping my RPM's up so that when I dump the clutch I have immediate torque to shoot out. Does the Rekluse give you that same torque in the low RPM.

I hope I am articulating this so that yall can understand the question??

You can clutch the bike just as you do now... To me, I had almost zero adaptatin time for the clutch. I just got on an rode the bike, finding that I didn't have to really change anything to enjoy it.

The best thing I like about the clutch is the ability to brake side without clutching and crawling through 1st gear only technical sections by modulating the throttle, not feathering the clutch. Antoher thing that is nice is that if you do get knocked off your line unexpectedly, you just let off the gas, bang a gear down and roll the throttle back on. No flame outs or spikes of power to get you out of shape.

You know it is kind of funny, there are alot of cooks on theses forums that will argue with anything, but there has been only one real negative post on this thread and that was from a guy who did not have a Rekluse. That says something! :thumbsup:

One more question from me. Does using the manual clutch after installation cause any wear and tear on the Rekluse?

What is the "Rekluse"

What is the "Rekluse"

Read back and click here.

http://rekluse.com/

So by judging from all the replies, it does make the bike alot easier and less tiring? I'm on the fence of a WR250/450 and the 250 was said to be easier to manage in tight single track but my 255lbs ass needs torque to carry it around. Seems like all the coments I am hearing about the Rekluse is that it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Once you have a rekulse and get used to it, ya wonder if you can or want to ride another bike without it, I had it in my 03 WR250 and loved it, have one ordered for the CRF, should be in this week, I like the Rekulse alot.. :thumbsup:

Bob

Alright, for those that ride with one.... Does it free wheel down hill? Similar to a 2-Stroke? Or is it like pulling in the clutch? Do you like it? or wish for more engine breaking?

(I am finding that I am loosing time on down hills because of the engine braking. Constantly giving it gas or pulling in the clutch on nasty down hills to help carry more speed.)

Thanks, Dave :thumbsup:

I'm installing one in the next week or so, when I get a day to myself, but before I bought it, I delved into this very concern. If adjusted properly, you will still have engine breaking unless you get the RPMs so low that you drop below the engagement speed. If that happens, just blip the throttle and it comes back, no biggie...SC

Engine braking is the same as stock, keep the rpm's above the disengage rpm

(about 1800)

My best investment yet!!!!!

consider the rear brake relocation option also, I really like the control factor and having my foot free to dab etc.

Really shines in single track, O.K. when I moto too!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::bonk:

I liken riding with an automatic clutch as cheating.....it is amazing what you get away with, ... I literally have never stalled my bike since installing the clutch. :thumbsup:

Then why don't you see the big names using them? I'm not trying to be a prick, I'm just curious. Seems Bubba goes down a lot, and has a big problem restarting his bike. With a rekluse, that wouldn't happen - the bike would still be running. So why are they using them?

M.

Engine braking is the same as stock, keep the rpm's above the disengage rpm

(about 1800)

My best investment yet!!!!!

consider the rear brake relocation option also, I really like the control factor and having my foot free to dab etc.

Really shines in single track, O.K. when I moto too!

:thumbsup::bonk::bonk:

So does this mean the bike will free wheel once the RPM's are below 1800? I actually have learned to like and use the WR's engine breaking when cornering and going down really sketchy, gnarly downhills. I raced a KTM 380 two stroke a couple of weeks back and nearly killed myself at the first big downhill I came to! I let off the throttle at the crest of the hill expecting some engine breaking and nearly shat myself when I flew over the top!! :thumbsup:

I had my first ride with a Rekluse on the weekend. I have only been riding for the last 5 months (CRF450) after a 18 year layoff from owning a bike. I have hooked up with a group of good riders and I would always be the tail end Charlie. NOT ANY MORE !!!. We went on a ride that combined fast single and slow technical track, steep uphills and downhills. This clutch eliminated all signs of stalling and engine labouring, my main riding faults. (except on one steep downhill when I locked up the rear and the idle wasn't quite right). Left hand arm pump has disappeared. I cannot believe the difference this has made to my riding.

Look out guys I'm a contender for the leader of the pack. :thumbsup:

Then why don't you see the big names using them? I'm not trying to be a prick, I'm just curious. Seems Bubba goes down a lot, and has a big problem restarting his bike. With a rekluse, that wouldn't happen - the bike would still be running. So why aren't they using them?

I don't know about Bubba, but Reed runs a slipper clutch on his bike. Not exactly the same as a Rekluse, but close.

Jerry

So does this mean the bike will free wheel once the RPM's are below 1800? I actually have learned to like and use the WR's engine breaking when cornering and going down really sketchy, gnarly downhills. I raced a KTM 380 two stroke a couple of weeks back and nearly killed myself at the first big downhill I came to! I let off the throttle at the crest of the hill expecting some engine breaking and nearly shat myself when I flew over the top!! :thumbsup:

Sorry to "kickstart" this old thread. But i am considering this autoclutch. I use engine braking down steep, first gear single tracks. Sometimes, its so slow down the hill, i have to pull the clutch and feather it because i am getting BELOW idle and approaching stall. How would it be with the Rekluse?

With a well adjusted auto clutch you still get engine compression braking down to a just above idle speed, i.e. at the point that you would be pulling in (disengaging) a manual clutch to keep the engine from stalling. At that point you would have the LHRB, front brake, and both feet to control your slow descent down the hill.

Just rode my first Single Track on my 02 WR426 (Standard controls)... It was fun but I was not as fast as my Experienced Buddy with a KTM 300 EXC , Rekluse and Rear-hand brake. He was gone and waiting at every road crossing :applause: . After about 2 hours, he told me to try his bike... Never rode a KTM... I started it in 2nd gear (never realized it was in gear til I zipped the throttle after it started) I followed him through the bush and never lost site of him... Rear brake kit MADE :thumbsup: the rekluse... instead of panick stops, pulling the clutch, finding the rear brake pedal if it wasn't a right hand turn and braking.... just grab a BIG handful of rear brake with your Left hand.... It was AWESOME... I will be putting 1 on my WR along with the rear hand brake... He didn't have a foot brake, but I am wondering if there is a way to run both hand and foot????!!!???!!! :ride:

yes,that kits about $100 more than the single hand lever :thumbsup:

Anybody have a Picture of that handbrake setup? do you loose the clutch lever altogether (I guess you don't need it anymore)? This setup is ok for wide open desert riding (maybe not necessary) what about on the street (dual sport) It seems from what I read it is intended for slow rocky technical sections. Maybe my question is there anywhere the Rekluse is not a good setup?

Took my first ride today with the rekluse. What a difference, it was totally awesome. It is amazing how many mistakes you can make and it will adjust for you. If anyone is thinking about it, do it, it is money well spent. :thumbsup::ride::applause::applause::applause:

I don't know how your guys ride with a automatic clutch. To me that just takes all the fun out of riding. I like to shift my WR450. I was thinking about the Rekluse but I don't know. Sure sounds kinda weird to me with that automatic clutch and all. I think I'll stick with having to shift.

I don't know how your guys ride with a automatic clutch. To me that just takes all the fun out of riding. I like to shift my WR450. I was thinking about the Rekluse but I don't know. Sure sounds kinda weird to me with that automatic clutch and all. I think I'll stick with having to shift.

Why do those who are blind continue to offer opinions on colors? It is like writing a note to a person born deaf and asking how they like rock'n roll.

If you don't have a Rekluse don't opine or write an baseless opinion. Ask questions and gain knowledge. As you can see on this thread those who have experience love it, those who don't just sound stupid. BTW, you still SHIFT with a Rekluse...geez. :thumbsup: