yamalube 4-r

hey anybody using the expensive yamalube in their 450. it seems like 15w-50 would be a pretty thick oil to run. I am using 10w-30 now, just wondering if anyone uses the stuff and likes it better.

hey anybody using the expensive yamalube in their 450. it seems like 15w-50 would be a pretty thick oil to run. I am using 10w-30 now, just wondering if anyone uses the stuff and likes it better.

I have used Shell Rotella T 15-40 wt. in my 02 YZ426 for a couple of years now, I like the way it works. I'm also using it in my 06 YZ250 as well. I have a good friend that has been running it in a 04 RM250 since the day he bought it and has had great luck as well. It's a commercial grade/rated diesel oil so it holds up well against shearing and at $7.00 a gallon (WalMart) it's a great value. :thumbsup:

so i guess nobody likes to waste money on the yamaha stuff. it seems like the 15w-50 or whatever that 4-r is is a little thick

so i guess nobody likes to waste money on the yamaha stuff. it seems like the 15w-50 or whatever that 4-r is is a little thick

I use the Yamalube 20w-40, and have had great results with it. I change every 10 hours of use (I don't race).

I have been using Yamalube 4-R ever since I broke in my 2003 WR450.

I used to use the Yamalube 4-R in a '98 WR I had, and started using the regular Yamalube 4 in my 450 but have since switched to Shell Rotella and change it every 5 hours. No probs so far......

i use the yamalube 4r and it works great. even though it is 9-10 bucks a qt, some people dont like to run it. i dont see how it would be a problem if you ran a fully synthetic 10-40 oil from walmart or your autoparts store. all that it matters is that it lubricates the clutch and change it every 6-10 hours depending on how hard you ride (my oil starts to break down in a week, i change it every 6 hours)