HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jwcrf05

yamalube 4-r

9 posts in this topic

hey anybody using the expensive yamalube in their 450. it seems like 15w-50 would be a pretty thick oil to run. I am using 10w-30 now, just wondering if anyone uses the stuff and likes it better.

hey anybody using the expensive yamalube in their 450. it seems like 15w-50 would be a pretty thick oil to run. I am using 10w-30 now, just wondering if anyone uses the stuff and likes it better.

I have used Shell Rotella T 15-40 wt. in my 02 YZ426 for a couple of years now, I like the way it works. I'm also using it in my 06 YZ250 as well. I have a good friend that has been running it in a 04 RM250 since the day he bought it and has had great luck as well. It's a commercial grade/rated diesel oil so it holds up well against shearing and at $7.00 a gallon (WalMart) it's a great value. :thumbsup:

I use the Yamalube 20w-40, and have had great results with it. I change every 10 hours of use (I don't race).

I used to use the Yamalube 4-R in a '98 WR I had, and started using the regular Yamalube 4 in my 450 but have since switched to Shell Rotella and change it every 5 hours. No probs so far......

i use the yamalube 4r and it works great. even though it is 9-10 bucks a qt, some people dont like to run it. i dont see how it would be a problem if you ran a fully synthetic 10-40 oil from walmart or your autoparts store. all that it matters is that it lubricates the clutch and change it every 6-10 hours depending on how hard you ride (my oil starts to break down in a week, i change it every 6 hours)