need help identifying spark arrester

I was informed I could change out my stock s/a on my 2001 xr400 to a s/a from an xr650r 2000-2004 to help it breath better. I purchased a s/a on ebay that is for a xr650r, the chrome plate is marked hm mbn a1. this s/a is oval shaped and unfortunately I need a round one. :thumbsup: I am looking to find out what year this unit I have belongs on and what year xr650r did the s/a hm kcy a1 or the round type come stock on. :thumbsup:

I was informed I could change out my stock s/a on my 2001 xr400 to a s/a from an xr650r 2000-2004 to help it breath better. I purchased a s/a on ebay that is for a xr650r, the chrome plate is marked hm mbn a1. this s/a is oval shaped and unfortunately I need a round one. :thumbsup: I am looking to find out what year this unit I have belongs on and what year xr650r did the s/a hm kcy a1 or the round type come stock on. :thumbsup:

I have HM MBN A1 stamped on my 2002 xr650r tip and it should fit all xr650r's 2000 to 2005. A part number with Kcy in it( xxx-Kcy-xx) would be a Xr400 part number, just like a MBN would be a Xr650r number.

thanks, by the way, if anyone is interested the s/a I mentioned earlier is for sale at the parts forum.