oil in bottom of airbox... what's up with that??

I just took out my air filter and to my suprise discoverd an oily substance in the bottom of the air box. It was wasn't real runny like oil. I appeared to be oil or maybe they guy who I bought it from did not squeeze out the filter oil. It did have a tacky/oily feel to it. Can anyone help??

I'd wager a weeks pay (heaven forbid not mine though! :) ) it IS from the air filter.

------------------

'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat.

Cant say that this is exactly the same but I experience this on my Honda Magna street bike.

I like to run high RPMs and flirt with the rev limiter on a regular basis. This will cause a little of the engine oil to wind up in the air filter housing.

This has been discussed to death on the Magna sites and no one has had a problem. If you do like to rev out it may the the source of oil.

pull the airfilter out and look/feel in the front anti-chamber. does it have a lot of oil in here?

what texture and colour?

i hopoe i'm wrong.

Taffy

I have the same problem, but I know why on my bike....

I've re-routed my vent line to the airbox, so I end up with a bit of a mess in there. Better that than sucking in water though....

Randy

Cueball, when you rerouted your vent line did you have to poke a hole through the air box? If so, at what part of the air box is the whole? thanks, Randy

Originally posted by cueball:

I have the same problem, but I know why on my bike....

I've re-routed my vent line to the airbox, so I end up with a bit of a mess in there. Better that than sucking in water though....

Randy