HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CAVSCOUT96

throttle stop question

7 posts in this topic

OK I should have measured when I had it off the bike, but I didn't so here's the ??

When I inspected the carb and rotated the throttle assembly all the way to the stop, the throttle slide was FULLY open. Does this mean that someone has already replaced the Throttle stop screw?

I'm the third owner, The last one didn't mention it, so I'm thinking the original owner maod the mod.

Any insight??

Yeah. I just replaced mine and with the WR throttle stop the slide comes up less than half way.

You may want to check to see that they didn't remove it completely or cut it too short. There have been reports that the throttle can stick when at WOT if they did :thumbsup:

It's definitely still there. I was checking ot out to because I was gonna replace it, and when I actuated the throttle, watched the slide and it opened all of the way. My bike has always had good top end, and I've been wondering "how can this thing be ANY faster and be ridable" now it makes sense! :thumbsup:

Yeah you might want to make sure its the exact length. I have heard some pretty scary stories of that 450 gettin stuck wide open.