forks are making noise

hi every one i am looking for advise, i just got my forks back from the shop, and they were real busy so i was not able to talk to the tech, when i got home i pulled the forks out of my truck and when i shake them they make a noise like the spring is rattling around inside the fork tubes. is this normal? i know that there are springs inside the tubes but i dont remember them rattling around before, the shop is closed right now so i cant talk to anyone about this at the shop till monday, and i need to ride this weekend. can anyone please help me?

thanks in advance for all the quick replys.

:thumbsup:

Go ride. They are fine

Go ride. They are fine

thanks for the advice, my wife thinks i am tripping,. i am sure they are fine but i just dont remember hearing the spring rattle inside the tubes, and i know nothing of the mechanics of the forks.

thanks.

I have no way of knowing exactly the sound you are hearing, but my guess is that what you are hearing is normal because they will rattle a bit out of the bike if you shake them back and forth. Your mind always has a way of making little sounds sound like the world is coming to an end.

Put them on and forget about it.

glad to help

yeh i always tend blow everything out of proportion, i dont like other people working on my stuff, and when they do i critisize everything, my wife says im an ass, :bonk: i am installing forks right now and i will be riding this weekend, :thumbsup: I did notice that the upper fork tubes were switched,or the upper caps were switched, or some thing is different because i had my orv stickers on the inside of the tubes (behind number plate) now when i install the tubes into clamps and place my air bleed screws in the front(as per factory diagram) my orv stickers are now on the outside of the tubes. i am assuming the tech thought that was the way i ran my stickers, (on the outside of the tubes) i still havent quite figured out what was switched, or what is different, or if it matters. :thumbsup:

thanks.

Doesn't matter. You can rotate the tubes. springs will rattle when not loaded with the bikes weight.