Recomendations on Rear Sprocket Size?

Just remember it puts alot more strain on the chain going around a smaller front sprocket :thumbsup:

This was asked a few months ago but I would like some current feedback. Has anyone running a 13 front noticed increased wear on the chain guide protecting the swing arm?

This was asked a few months ago but I would like some current feedback. Has anyone running a 13 front noticed increased wear on the chain guide protecting the swing arm?

No pre-mature wear but I run the TM designs slide......... guaranteed for life

:thumbsup:

Nope, no issues with the 13t and stock chain slide...SC

I asked one of the mechanics at the shop and he told me that putting a smaller front sprocket puts a lot more stress on the transmission gears resulting in tranny issues down the road, i don't know how accurate is this info but he suggested the only play with the rear sprocket and 15 for the front is pretty good, maybe 1 size smaller is ok..

I asked one of the mechanics at the shop and he told me that putting a smaller front sprocket puts a lot more stress on the transmission gears resulting in tranny issues down the road, i don't know how accurate is this info but he suggested the only play with the rear sprocket and 15 for the front is pretty good, maybe 1 size smaller is ok..

My stock front is a 14 and I'm thinking of going to a 13 :thumbsup:

I wouldn't mess with the rear sprocket, as I found that can result in clearance issues with the chain guide, as well as needing more links in the chain itself...result: more money, big pain in the :thumbsup:. I put a 13-tooth Ironman countershaft sprocket on my '05, and Boy Howdy, did that make a huge difference. There was a guy on eBay selling them a few days ago for around $20, but you can get them all day at Quality Smart for around $27 + shipping...SC

I was looking in the TT store and found several for $12 to $15 (moose racing etc), is the ironman worth the extra $$?

I liked the 1-year warranty and have some buddies who rave about it. Since I was dropping the front to 13, I wanted a stout sprocket. Ironman sprockets are through-hardened, while Moose are case-hardened. For $10 more, it wasn't a big deal to get the Ironman...SC

I went one up on the rear. A fifty two might have been even beter. I purchased a new chain though. My next sproket might be a 52.

Thanks to everyone advice I installed a 13T and so far I like it a lot :thumbsup: This might be all in my head but I seem to hear more noise coming from the chain now? :thumbsup: I did the chain guard mod so that shouldn't be it.