HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pigryder

Another Pig In The Barn!!!!!

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys I just bought a 2001 XR650L to add to my list of toys including a 2002 XR650R and my 2004 Rubicon, what do you guys think it has 2,500 miles its cherry and I got it for 3750.00!! Its completely stock so what do I need to do to open this thing up? Any and all information is greatly appreciated!

Not to burst your bubble or nuthin, but I bought a cherry, completly stock '01 with 800 mi for $3200, off Ebay in Dec.

Now for the good part, WB E2, Edelbrock , Uni, fresh knobbies, 14/48 sp,....FUN, FUN, FUN.....

well I bought it at a dealer with a 90 day warranty, what kinda warranty did you get? Not that a Honda needs a warranty at all!! Oh and I I wasnt bragging just thought it was a good deal, also I just pulled off the smog shit, and ordered jets and filter today! Cant wait to open her up not that its like my R, but its plenty on the street

Hey I got a 2002 XR650R bought in June of 2003 used very little since summer of 2004 for $3000. uncorked, protapers great condition. on the TT classifieds. dirtrider13

...Cant wait to open her up not that its like my R, but its plenty on the street

That's what the XRL has going for it. It really is (more of) a street bike. The XRL's & even older XL's do really well on tight twisty paved roads, even in stock trim. Don't be afraid the throw it into a turn like your hitting a berm, or dropping your inside knee down like a street bike at high speeds, even with (the right) knobby tires.

The e-start is always a nice feature, too.

If you're missing the quickness from dead stops, change the gearing to 14-47 or 14-48. Brings everything a lot closer together, but you lose top end. Not a big deal if you're not a freeway super commuter.

Whew, I'm glad to catch this post. I just picked up an '05 XRL w/ 950 miles, and then just under a week later came across a converted (and ready to go) '00 XRR that I just couldn't pass up. From zero to two in about a week. I have been questioning my own impulses after this. (of course everyone else always has) But I'm glad to see there are others, therefore the only conclusion....perfectly rational purchases. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Whew, I'm glad to catch this post. I just picked up an '05 XRL w/ 950 miles, and then just under a week later came across a converted (and ready to go) '00 XRR that I just couldn't pass up. From zero to two in about a week. I have been questioning my own impulses after this. (of course everyone else always has) But I'm glad to see there are others, therefore the only conclusion....perfectly rational purchases. :thumbsup::eek:

:thumbsup::bonk: :bonk:

Perfectly rational to me. :bonk::eek:

Not to burst all your bubbles but I got a 2000 XR650R in great shape for $1500. The guy needed the $$$

glad to see all the responses, I love my R to death and cant wait to really get into the L seems like its going to be a blast!! Weather has been really cold here lately like in the teens!! Cant wait for summer weather riding :thumbsup::thumbsup::bonk:

Hey guys I just bought a 2001 XR650L to add to my list of toys including a 2002 XR650R and my 2004 Rubicon, what do you guys think it has 2,500 miles its cherry and I got it for 3750.00!! Its completely stock so what do I need to do to open this thing up? Any and all information is greatly appreciated!

thats a lot, gotta remember, msrp is 5700.....search the forums for mods.