cool stuff for 426 fans

i was at the local track today there was a team of 2 that were both on yz426s and they were killing everyone on the track.. i was suprized to see them beating the 450s the way they were.. when i got the chance to talk to the guys about there bikes they told me that the 426s were there practices bikes but they were considering racing with them this year.. they both were ProAM ranked and told me that they have been racing for years. and tryed to get me to ride with them but there was to much action on the track and i didnt feel like being lap traffic.. i just thought it was cool to see somone who owns a 450 but likes there 426 better.. thought you guys who ride 426s might want to know about it..its good to see that people are racing them still even after the 450s came out. the track was in southern ohio if you were wondering.

Looking forward to racing my 01 426 this year. If i can just stay on the track I'll be happy let alone beat a 450. :thumbsup:

426 practice bike...Pretty smart, cuz after hauling a 426 around a track, a 450 is a piece of cake! Actually they're not that bad... set up properly, and if you lighten them up a little... and run only a couple quarts of fuel at a time!

For most amature racing, the race is 99% determined by the rider's skill and experience.

For most amature racing, the race is 99% determined by the rider's skill and experience.

Your exactly right.

I can't remember how many 450 riders I've smoked on a MX track. I also can't remember how many 125cc riders that have smoked me. Its not the bike, its the rider.

But it is good to hear that local pro's still think highly of the 426. :thumbsup:

Your exactly right.

I can't remember how many 450 riders I've smoked on a MX track. I also can't remember how many 125cc riders that have smoked me. Its not the bike, its the rider.

But it is good to hear that local pro's still think highly of the 426. :thumbsup:

Yeah, but it's those chicks on 80's that really hurt the ol' ego... :thumbsup:

Yea, and the little guys on the 50's that run over your leg and never look back!!

Absolutely right. :thumbsup: I can't wait to race my 426 this year. It's going to be a blast.

I cant wait 2 race my new bike in the schoolboy class thats one good thing about being big and young im gonna be racing against like 80's and 125's so the holeshot wont be 2 tough for me