Do I have to use Yamalube in my 426 ?

Of course the manual say you absolutely must use Yamalube, and so will the guys at my dealer, but what do you guys think ? Is it necessary to use it ? What other oils are good ?

thanks

I used 4 stroke quakerstate and didn't have any problems ,just change the oil every 3 rides. :thumbsup:

i use Castrol GPS, semi-synthetic i think ... i change every 5 hours, better to often than to seldom ...

Keeping clean oil in a YZF will greatly improve engine life, no matter what brand of oil it is.

BTW, I use Shell Rotella.

I use Motul synthetic blend. My local shop guy said to run what has been running in it and don't go swapping brands/types. The guy I bought my bike from used Motul, so that is what I will use..

I guess you can use whatever brand you like, but stick with it. Just make sure you use oil for motorcycles and not automobile oil...

I use the largest cheapest sheit I can find at Walmart. Meat is meat, parts is parts, and oil is oil. Besides, bikes wind up in deep gullies twisted and broken long before cheap oil is going to have any effect. :thumbsup:

Meat is meat, parts is parts, and oil is oil.

as long as it has the same specificaton as the recommended Yamalube, its the same ... :thumbsup:

and no one will ever be able to prove that your breakdown was because of the oil anyway ... :thumbsup:

I use Bel Ray Thumper Racing.

I will fight anyone that says differently. :thumbsup:

I use royal purple synthetic oil, they have a blend just for bikes with wet clutch systems. gets a little spendy @ $6.00 a quart but my bike is worth it.

I use royal purple synthetic oil, they have a blend just for bikes with wet clutch systems. gets a little spendy @ $6.00 a quart but my bike is worth it.

do you know what Castrol GPS costs in USA? :thumbsup:

i pay like $12 per liter over here, which makes my oil changes pretty expensive, app. 30 bucks with the oil filter ... :thumbsup:

Checker carries a 4 stroke motorcycle Valvoline that I use.

not sure bout that particular oil here but i think pound for pound oil is priced close to same all over.

Castrol GPS goes for about US $7.25/litre here in Boise (Idaho).

No you don't, but Yamalube is about average in price. You can pay more but in all probability you wouldn't be doing your bike any big favor. I know originally The Yamaha people DID NOT want synthetic oil usage in the engine, the main reason was clutch slippage. Even some of the MX magizines said to stay away from the synthetic oils in Yamahas'

Of course the manual say you absolutely must use Yamalube, and so will the guys at my dealer, but what do you guys think ? Is it necessary to use it ? What other oils are good ?

thanks

NO....lots of other choices.....do a search on "Oil"......

remember the manual is a guideline......especially for 2smokes.......20:1 fuel ratios.... :thumbsup:

Amsoil.

do you know what Castrol GPS costs in USA? :thumbsup:

i pay like $12 per liter over here, which makes my oil changes pretty expensive, app. 30 bucks with the oil filter ... :thumbsup:

Haha, poor bastard :bonk:

Amsoil 10W-40

New issue of Dirt Rdier arrived today via the mail. They say no SYNTHETIC OIL in the 4 strokes other than the Hondas. These oils cause transmission slippage which increases heat and breaksdown the clutch assembly. Honda can use it because the transmission and crank case are two seperate systems. But they don't recommend the synthetic oil in Honda transmissions either....