Kinda stupid, but....

Here goes anyway.. I may be on the market for a new 450 enduro bike..

here is the kicker I prefer the WR 450, but I cant get over the big blocky tail light... I really like the slim taillight of the 450x. I know it may sound dumb but it is almost pushing my to get the 450x. Any opinions on this or fixes??

My other choice maybe be a KTM 300 XC...

Piece of cake. Most guys have switched over our plastic to use the YZ fenders, front number plates instead. So you could add a YZ rear fender and drop the taillight -saves weight. You could still add the cool aftermarket lights if you want - search the posts but I have seen Acerbis led lights that look pretty trick. Bottomline - the WR is way more reliable and less top heavy than the CRFX bike. But the KTM bike - although pricey and hard to find dealers for service and parts - is also a sweet bike. It really depends on where you ride.

XRIowa,

One good thing about the stock WR tail light is if you want to tag or dual sport your WR, the light is already wired for a dual filament bulb, and even comes with a dual filament bulb from the factory. That makes it a 10 minute job to hook up a hydraulic brake light switch for inspection. And the stock WR light looks more "street legal" than the narrow little LED units on the Honda or KTM. Just something to consider...

Didn't I read in an earlier post that you were moving to California? I digress...

What difference does a taillight make? This sounds like less than a $100 problem to change the taillight to whatever you want.

There is an extremely small probability that you will even see the taillight while you are riding. On the 450, you be on the gas more than the brakes anyway.

Didn't I read in an earlier post that you were moving to California? I digress...

What difference does a taillight make? This sounds like less than a $100 problem to change the taillight to whatever you want.

There is an extremely small probability that you will even see the taillight while you are riding. On the 450, you be on the gas more than the brakes anyway.

I have already moved to Cali, I have arrived!!!

And you are right I will not be seeing the tail light anyway.. Street legal would be nice but I am not all that worried about that. Driving in So cal I like to have seat belts. I am even thinking about wearing my helmet and chest protector in the car!!! ?

XRiowa, why are u staining this forum with your posting. I told you to get a nose job and start hammering nails into logging trees. You are now a californian and must assimilate. ?

Are you talking to me????

I may just start following you around..

How come none of your bikes over there are street legal?

All our bikes over here in Australia are. WR's, All ktm's, CRF-X's, everything.........

It's because of our draconian state and federal regulations regarding safety equipment that must be installed to operate a vehicle on public highways.

If Hillary ever finds out how much fun we have on our dirt bikes, they'll take them away from us all together!

Have you looked at the Husky TE450? That's my next bike this spring. Comes street legal, rides like a racer and outpulls the WR by about 5 horses, after the WR has been modded. (and KTM by 3). There's more to life than red and blue ? .

BTW the TE 510 is awesome too.

Beg to differ because I ride with too many friends that own the TE450, drag races are dead even except that orange peice of crap that tends to come in 5 or 10 feet behind every time. Low end and handling is superior in the WR. And we don't even want to go into reliability of the motor or quality of parts and pieces integral to the Husky's operation. :eek:find a dealer that stocks alot of parts and don't go out the door of the dealer without a kickstarter on the bike and a spare one in your hand, they break, of course anything would brake after you kick it 1,000 times in the period of 20 minutes :bonk:

Huskies are'nt all bad but I ride in a club that seems to think they are coolest thing since sliced bread and every event or ride, ATLEAST 50% of them have major malfunctions :bonk:

Sorry but I'll take my cookie cutter, mass produced WR any day over a Husky. I would buy a Husky before a KTM but based on principal only :bonk:

The 510 makes awesome power if you put the MX exhaust can on it, the suspension is totally awesome as well....... don't plan on getting the holeshot at races with dead engine starts tough ?

I had the same problem, this is what i did. All baja designs taillight and new blinker switch assb. What are your thoughts. I like the wr to much to buy another bike for that reason and I like customizing also. I have a ufo dual hdd headlight on ht e way ill post the pics when i get it on.

13.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

12.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

All the pics of your bike that i have seen before these didnt do it any justice. She really is a sexy little number ? The only thing, and im just being nit picky, would be the white tank. If you could get a black one on there, ohh baby ? But i retract any previous statement that was remotely negative. Looks great.

Beg to differ because I ride with too many friends that own the TE450, drag races are dead even except that orange peice of crap that tends to come in 5 or 10 feet behind every time. Low end and handling is superior in the WR. And we don't even want to go into reliability of the motor or quality of parts and pieces integral to the Husky's operation. :eek:find a dealer that stocks alot of parts and don't go out the door of the dealer without a kickstarter on the bike and a spare one in your hand, they break, of course anything would brake after you kick it 1,000 times in the period of 20 minutes :bonk:

Huskies are'nt all bad but I ride in a club that seems to think they are coolest thing since sliced bread and every event or ride, ATLEAST 50% of them have major malfunctions :bonk:

Sorry but I'll take my cookie cutter, mass produced WR any day over a Husky. I would buy a Husky before a KTM but based on principal only :bonk:

The 510 makes awesome power if you put the MX exhaust can on it, the suspension is totally awesome as well....... don't plan on getting the holeshot at races with dead engine starts tough ?

I love my 426, and I know Husky's had problems but are your friends riding the new TEs? I guess I'd be interested in hearing what, specifically, are the major malfunctions in an 05 or 06 that you've seen? You say they kick it a lot - does the e-start not work? Or are they all older huskys?

I know this is the Yami forum, but I'm buying a new bike and so far the o6 husky TE looks a lot better than the 06 WR. Street legal OTD, no mods, more uummph, easy maintenance (valves and plug at least - the plug is right off the case - no more removing the tank just to change the ? plug.)

Anyway, I'm interested in what you said . . .