06 450F is rough running on the bottom.

I was out the other day riding my bike the other day and it was running rough from idle to about 3-4000 rpm. Kind of spitting and sputtering. I just went thru everything on the bike (filter, oil, grease everything and adjusted). It also seems to pop on decel..

Can any one point me in the right direction.

Your bike is lean go up on the main and pilot jet and then put a 40 leak jet in and all will be good. If you do a search there is specific jetting for the bike which I'm not sure for the 250f but both the 450 and the 250's are lean stock.

Your bike is lean go up on the main and pilot jet and then put a 40 leak jet in and all will be good. If you do a search there is specific jetting for the bike which I'm not sure for the 250f but both the 450 and the 250's are lean stock.

So is that based on your elevatoion or mine?

I raised the pilot jet one size, added a Boyesen quickshot, and an adjustable air screw. All is well with no popping and great acceleration with clean responce everywhere else.

I'm in Kansas.

I raised the pilot jet one size, added a Boyesen quickshot, and an adjustable air screw. All is well with no popping and great acceleration with clean responce everywhere else.

I'm in Kansas.

you went to a 45 pj left the 165 mj? Interesting......most of us have gone to the 48pj and 170mj

I thought the quickshot had no benefit on the 06........I love it on my 03....I may remove it for a day to see how it works on my 06... :thumbsup:

same on the WR.

you went to a 45 pj left the 165 mj? Interesting......most of us have gone to the 48pj and 170mj

I thought the quickshot had no benefit on the 06........I love it on my 03....I may remove it for a day to see how it works on my 06... :thumbsup:

It burns clean, pulls harder than stock. This is my 1st 4 stroke MX bike, and I definitely noticed the results of the quickshot. I expected to have to tweak the main, but after riding it and pulling the plug for inspection, it looked perfect.

Could be sea level here in Kansas. :thumbsup: