HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bwalky

Throttle/Cable Lube Home Remedies

7 posts in this topic

Anyone have any tips for a relative newby on how to lubricate my choke cable on my 650L? It is very hard to pull. My throttle is also sticking somewhat. Any suggestions?

Anyone have any tips for a relative newby on how to lubricate my choke cable on my 650L? It is very hard to pull. My throttle is also sticking somewhat. Any suggestions?

You can take the cable off-then stand it in an upright position. Make a funnel fashioned from tin foil to fit the ferrule at the end of the cable assy.You can add lube till it runs out the other end of the cable. I'm sure with a little searchin here at TT someone has done a "how to".

Instead of alum foil , cut very small corner off baggie, feed cable thru, & tie wire or other to stop leakage, and hang with some oil to seep thru. I personally used the hypadermic needle from vet & worked great !( get small needle to get inbetween cable housing & cable. Also you can leave cable in bike when doing,(disconnecting top mount) just make sure cable has down-hill slope & something to sop up oil coming out bottom end. :thumbsup:

Make sure your throttle cable isn't sticking gecause you have the throttle tube on the handlebar to far.Some time they rub so you need to back it off alittle .Happen's when people change grips and or bars.

Get a cable luber, they're $15.00. They clamp onto the cable and you spray lubricant into the cable.

Get a cable luber, they're $15.00. They clamp onto the cable and you spray lubricant into the cable.

I know this sounds dumb, but I have one of those cable lubers, ... I clamp it on the cable, no problem ... but, .. where does the spray tube go ? ... mine seems to be missing something .. ? :thumbsup:

I know this sounds dumb, but I have one of those cable lubers, ... I clamp it on the cable, no problem ... but, .. where does the spray tube go ? ... mine seems to be missing something .. ? :thumbsup:

There should be a grommeted hole in the side, near the cable end of the clamp.