Paddles

Im hopefully gonna go to sand mountain for presidents day. Anyway, I got a 10 paddle for my 450 and was wondering if it can pull it good. Its an 05 and is stock with all the stops removed. Any imput would be nice.

I also geared down one tooth in the front and one in the back so I dont loose too much top speed.

I've been doing some research on this very topic and you should do okay with the 10-paddle. Do a fitment before you go to see if you have clearance issues...SC

We actually bought a wheel off an 01 yz250f and finally got the tire on the rim earlier today. The ten paddle fits fine on the bike but I also went down a tooth in the back to help even more with the clearence and I'm not even gonna take off the mudflap. When are you goin up to sand mountain Clark?

When are you goin to sand mountain?

Im hopefully gonna go to sand mountain for presidents day. Anyway, I got a 10 paddle for my 450 and was wondering if it can pull it good. Its an 05 and is stock with all the stops removed. Any imput would be nice.

Here is another current thread on the subject.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338407

My bike has the same set up as yours, stock with all the free mods. I have rejetted it also.

When I ride the dunes here in Oregon I run a 10 paddle rear tire and it does just fine. The clearance was close and it hit the mud flap a little but didnt do too much damage to it.

My bike has the same set up as yours, stock with all the free mods. I have rejetted it also.

When I ride the dunes here in Oregon I run a 10 paddle rear tire and it does just fine. The clearance was close and it hit the mud flap a little but didnt do too much damage to it.

Cool. Thanks for the info Flaminchiten. Does it pull fine even when the sand is wet? I went there once with my old 250 but it was a 95... Anyway, do you ride coos bay or florence?

It pulls better in the wet stuff than the soft stuff.

Ride mostly Florence for dunes

10 cup is probably a bit much for the 450, u might be better off with an 8 cup.

You ever been to Coo's bay? Is it way better? I've been to Winchester but if banshee hill was the best part, thats not too much of a challange.