HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chicagobikefan

Bigger jets in stock Keihin carb?

8 posts in this topic

I'm going to put in 58/165 jets in my 05 650L so it runs better with aftermarket exhaust , uncorking, etc. (Right now I have 55/158 and it leans out at 70-75 mph or so.) But I see Keihin jets that go WAY WAY bigger than that. Are any of you running bigger jets than 58/165? If so, what mods have you done?

I just put a dynojet kit on my 2006 XR650L I have a wileyco exhaust and K&N filter and have desnorkeled it. The improvement in trottle response and top end was outstanding! The kit cost $43.00 on ebay and it was well worth it! :thumbsup: It was a 165 main jet that I put on.http://photobucket.com/albums/e388/kelleyseiler/

here is my bike and mods

top speed is 85 to 90 but I really only got it there for a sec or two 2 fast for me on a dual sport. I run stock gearing as of now. And yes it wheelies too easy in 1st and super in 2nd

I was running a 58/160 keihin with a full com exaust and it ran fine. With the new mikuni it runs even better but it still wont power wheelie in second.

top speed is 85 to 90 but I really only got it there for a sec or two 2 fast for me on a dual sport. I run stock gearing as of now. And yes it wheelies too easy in 1st and super in 2nd

Ummmm it toped out at 85-90? thats horrible. She should do at least 105.

I just put a dynojet kit on my 2006 XR650L I have a wileyco exhaust and K&N filter and have desnorkeled it. The improvement in trottle response and top end was outstanding! The kit cost $43.00 on ebay and it was well worth it! :thumbsup: It was a 165 main jet that I put on.http://photobucket.com/albums/e388/kelleyseiler/

here is my bike and mods

What kinda pipe is that? How loud is it? Where did u get it? How much did it cost?