plastics?

thanks for the info guys, i think the Acerbis kit is what I'm looking for. The kit doesn't come with a tank so what should i use to remove the old graphics off of my existing tank as new ones are too expensive? thanks.

You won't be able to re use the tank graphics. I suggest you just leave the tank blank. Thats what I did when my tank graphics started turning brown.

UFO is just as good as Acerbis... If you want an aftermarket tank, Clarke is the cheapest $170 plus $12 ship. To clean the plastic: If applying graphics use isopropyl alcohol to remove mold release, or use blue PJ1 air filter cleaner to remove old glue residue. If your tank really looks like sh ? t then use a green scotch brite and fast dry brake cleaner until everything is smooth and clean, then use a heat gun like a paint brush and "paint" the white to blue.

UFO is just as good as Acerbis... If you want an aftermarket tank, Clarke is the cheapest $170 plus $12 ship. To clean the plastic: If applying graphics use isopropyl alcohol to remove mold release, or use blue PJ1 air filter cleaner to remove old glue residue. If your tank really looks like sh ? t then use a green scotch brite and fast dry brake cleaner until everything is smooth and clean, then use a heat gun like a paint brush and "paint" the white to blue.

If you use a scotch brite pad then its not going to be very glossy is it?? I'ave heard people using 600 -1500 grit sandpaper to get it more glossy.

You won't be able to re use the tank graphics. I suggest you just leave the tank blank. Thats what I did when my tank graphics started turning brown.

what i meant is i want to use my old tank, remove the old graphics, clean the tank, & put new xgx racing graphics on the old tank.

If your tank really looks like sh ? t then use a green scotch brite and fast dry brake cleaner until everything is smooth and clean, then use a heat gun like a paint brush and "paint" the white to blue.
If you use a scotch brite pad then its not going to be very glossy is it?? I'ave heard people using 600 -1500 grit sandpaper to get it more glossy.

Yes, the plastic will be very dull, it will appear almost white. The trick is to use a heat gun on high and close and slow, move it like you are painting. :bonk: The heat gun will melt the white back into a new looking blue. Warning :bonk: the plastic must be perfectly clean, (thats why you use the fast dry brake cleaner) otherwise you will melt the dirt into the plastic and trap it permanently. Practice on an old fender or the bottom of your tank until you learn the correct speed to move the heat gun. ? With my heat gun I usually have the gun about 2 inches from the plastic and move at a speed of about 5 to 8 seconds per inch, overlap passes just a bit. WARNING: Empty the tank first and remove from the bike.