Just finished dressing up the 06 450

Well I finally got my 450 the way i want it...Renthal sprockets and gold o-ring chain, seal savers, steel oil filter, devol skid plate and radiator guards, renthal hand grips and dough-nuts, pro-moto billet endcap, dunlop d756 front tire, frame mounted hour meter, re-routed the breather tube to the airbox, raised the forks in the triple clamps, 48 pilot and zip tye fuel screw. I will post pics soon!

the devol ones fit nice and look even better, in my opinion the coolest looking ones I've seen in a while. I will post pics asap I promise, i want to show it off it's a damn shame that beautiful bike sitting in the garage with nobody to look at it ?

p.s. Devol also claim's that along with better protection they also have better air-flow!

Anyone use one of the K&N air filters yet? They sure look cool (no cage, no backfire screen), like putting a muscle car air filter into your dirt bike. Supposed to have much better flow, haven't heard any first hand reports yet though.

the devol ones fit nice and look even better, in my opinion the coolest looking ones I've seen in a while. I will post pics asap I promise, i want to show it off it's a damn shame that beautiful bike sitting in the garage with nobody to look at it ?

p.s. Devol also claim's that along with better protection they also have better air-flow!

My Devols are on order, cant wait to see those pics! ?

Anyone use one of the K&N air filters yet? They sure look cool (no cage, no backfire screen), like putting a muscle car air filter into your dirt bike. Supposed to have much better flow, haven't heard any first hand reports yet though.

I have been using a K&N for a while, its the only filter i have used other than the stock one and its really no fair comparison, it flows extremely well. But that is on my 03 but i doubt there is a difference between 03 and 06 using one. This thing hauls you and almost hear the air coming into your engine; if you ride in sandy areas there is the possibility of fine dust getting through and hurting your valves.

Well I finally got my 450 the way i want it...Renthal sprockets and gold o-ring chain, seal savers, steel oil filter, devol skid plate and radiator guards, renthal hand grips and dough-nuts, pro-moto billet endcap, dunlop d756 front tire, frame mounted hour meter, re-routed the breather tube to the airbox, raised the forks in the triple clamps, 48 pilot and zip tye fuel screw. I will post pics soon!

Which sprocket did you get? I just got my blue Renthal (50T) in on Friday and put it on with a gold RK chain. Looks sweet!

K&N's flow more air, that is true, but only because the filtering media isn't a fine as a normal foam air filter. If your worried about running it in a dusty environment, maybe you should re-evaluate your choice of filters as any kind of dirt, no matter how fine it is, that gets past the air filter really accelrates the valve wear.

Now, where are those pics? I'm curious to see the Devol radiator guards. I guess it's like everything else from air filters to radiator guards, some like them, some don't...

Here's my dressed up 06 450F.

IMG_3295.jpg

IMG_3294.jpg

IMG_3296.jpg

- Front oversized Braking

- Rear Braking

- Ride Engineering Front Brake Clamp

- Ride Engineering Timing Caps and Oil Fill Plug - Blue

- ASV levers

- Renthal Fat Bar RC high bend

- Scotts Steering Stabilizer

- Renthal 50t Blue Sprocket

- RK racing chain

- Works Connection Front and Rear Resevoir caps

- Uni Air Filter

- Ride Engineering Rear Axel Blocks

- Ride Engineering Front Wheel spacers

- Over sized Titanium Factory Footpegs

Coming Soon....

Skid Plate, Rad braces, Race Tech Suspension

we must have visual proof for any post titled "Just Finished Dressing up the 06 450" ?

You can get a free account at www.photobucket.com . Upload your pictures there and then post the link to them here on TT ! It's easy! :bonk:

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It was too difficult for someone as computer challenged as myself. ?

My visual proof

DSC00531.jpg

DSC00532.jpg

- Greased steering, swingarm, linkage and bearings.

- Spike tires and thick tubes.

- Renthal 14-tooth front sprocket and DID 520 ERT-2 Gold chain - stock rear sprocket.

- Reed/Henry ProTaper with Cycra handguards, Thumbsavers and Barsavers.

- PC Racing ProSeal airfilter seal, TwinAir filter.

- Rerouted breather tube into airbox.

- 48 pilot and 175 main, fuel screw 1,75 turns out (-8 degrees Celsius at sea level).

Still to come: Hinson basket, yellow sealsavers, TMdesingnworks Factory Edition Blue Kit (guide, slider and roller), ZipTy fuel screw and magnetic drain plug, Scotts stainless steel oil filter.

Cheers

DSC00528.jpg

Sure Blue, kind of weird to tear apart a brand new bike but it's the best time to do it. I was wondering how much grease was on the bearings from the factory? Also, why did you use the 175 main when most are using the 170 main? I'm just curious if you have had any experiences that caused you to use it rather than the smaller 170. Are the ProSeal air filter seal the magnetic drain plug the same as the 03-05's or is it specific to the 06's? One other thing is I used the TM design slider on my 03 450 and it made so much noise, I took it off and use automotive goop with some coarse foam under the stock slider to prevent the chaffing. I had used them previously with great luck but I think when they changed the design to where you could install it without pulling the swingarm, I think it made it no better than the stock one since it moves around more than the prior design.

Doc Fletcher, can a chiropractor do work on himself? You must be in demand at the track. The bike is looking good, no unnecessary bling to make it look excessively bling'd, very tasteful application of the bling.