HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gdaddy05

Header or not?????

3 posts in this topic

I am somewhat new to this, and therefore will be asking some questions. I have a 92 XR600r, mostly stock, with an aftermarket pipe on it. I was wondering what I would gain if I put a header on it?and if i did would I have to re-jet? What other type of mods might be sugested. For now I am 80% on and 20% off road, with hopes of changing that. I have never riddin a bike this big, but am starting to feel comfortable with it. I am not scared to give her some more horses if it is feasable....some things I was questioning: KN air filter, white brothers 2 header,Better spark plug,What is a good plug? I would greatly appreciate your advice.....Thanks!! My after market pipe is a cobra 4 stroke, and was on the bike when I bought it....

For you 80% on road get a high-flow header and re jet. I bought my 650r and it had a k&n filtler and it is terrible. When i took it out there was some fine dirt in the airbox. They are no good off-road but it may work for you. If anyone wants a k&n cheap for a xr650r pm me. ALso i would need the stock set up then if i sell it.

I am upgrading my junk fmf powercore Iv to a pro curcuit T4 can. Also a speed secret I am going to do is send my header to www.jet-hot.com for a ceramic coating inside and out. Looks sweet and lowers temp a lot. A great Power increase is not expected. Check it out.