Scream's WR is complete - sort of - PICS

Ok here ya go with the bodywork on, spent the last 2 days getting the jetting sorted out, it started on about the 10th kick the first time I started the brand new engine up, and after I took the carb apart a few times to get the jetting where it is now it starts first kick every time.

It runs really really well but I have a feeling it is still just slightly rich, I am going to take it on its second short ride tomorrow morning to complete the break in proceedure and change the oil for the second time.

I think it came out pretty nice, there are certainly some details I am still going to iron out like the front brake reservoir and my buddy and I are machining up a top bar clamp to accept the Scotts damper since I have 20mm RG3 clamps and no way to mount my damper at this point so we have to make a custom piece to accomplish that.

I still have to install the axle sliders which should be here from Supermoto Engineering on Monday as well as the carb vent line catch can setup.

I am still considering the CR front brake routing but will address that after i get the axles sliders in hand to see if it is really necessary or not.

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE NEW PICS keep in mind some of those pics were taken on Thursday before I got the rest of the graphics in place and before i fired it up for the first time as you can see by the color of the head pipe in the pics that are in my garage compared to the ones that are taken outside.

Let me know what you think so far.

P.S. I am also having my buddy that did my CRF seat do a seat for the WR so it will be custom in a few days as well, for now the stocker is on so I can ride it.

Impressive Super Motard conversion! Looks great! :thumbsup::thumbsup::bonk:

I really like the blue frame/swingarm , rims & hubs and even the rear spring! Nice touch. :bonk:

That thing looks pretty SWEET I still want to here how it runs after breakin and the jetting dialed in I bet it will be a handfull and then some.

Awesome :thumbsup:

how did you get you get the mottor lookin like that

how did you get you get the mottor lookin like that

haha, my guess is money, mechanical aptitude and a friend at a powder coating shop. bike looks absolutely awesome!

damn skippy i want my motor to look that good

Wow :thumbsup:

Looks cool. :thumbsup:

But why do you need bark busters on a super motard?

Really Nice !

Congratolation with a work nice done, now you only have to find a glass cabinet big enough for the bike :-)

DON'T CRASH! :thumbsup::thumbsup::bonk:

Its more crash protection than anything Bamster, when you are railing the twisties on the edge and lose the front end those sliders on the haunduards save your fingers big time.

Its more crash protection than anything Bamster, when you are railing the twisties on the edge and lose the front end those sliders on the haunduards save your fingers big time.

Thanks for all the good compliments guys, I really appreciate it.

I rode it for several hours today after changing the oil and putting a wrench on everything I could get my hands on.

The bike rips, I have 15/46 gearing and the torque seems never ending, I am pleased for sure with the outcome

ooops.....looks like it double posted on me, sorry for that, I tried to hit stop and add that last paragraph and it mut have posted already.....my bad.

Sweet looking bike, great detail!

Ok here ya go with the bodywork on, spent the last 2 days getting the jetting sorted out, it started on about the 10th kick the first time I started the brand new engine up, and after I took the carb apart a few times to get the jetting where it is now it starts first kick every time.

It runs really really well but I have a feeling it is still just slightly rich, I am going to take it on its second short ride tomorrow morning to complete the break in proceedure and change the oil for the second time.

I think it came out pretty nice, there are certainly some details I am still going to iron out like the front brake reservoir and my buddy and I are machining up a top bar clamp to accept the Scotts damper since I have 20mm RG3 clamps and no way to mount my damper at this point so we have to make a custom piece to accomplish that.

I still have to install the axle sliders which should be here from Supermoto Engineering on Monday as well as the carb vent line catch can setup.

I am still considering the CR front brake routing but will address that after i get the axles sliders in hand to see if it is really necessary or not.

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE NEW PICS keep in mind some of those pics were taken on Thursday before I got the rest of the graphics in place and before i fired it up for the first time as you can see by the color of the head pipe in the pics that are in my garage compared to the ones that are taken outside.

Let me know what you think so far.

P.S. I am also having my buddy that did my CRF seat do a seat for the WR so it will be custom in a few days as well, for now the stocker is on so I can ride it.

Teamscream,

Wow! Your bike is out of this world! Very nice. Where did you get your backgrounds for your WR? I've never seen a front background before like yours. Would like to get a background kit like yours on mine.

nice job. sweet machine! is that a license plate bracket on rear and if so where did you get it? I just lost my plate yesterday at belfair, had the baja designs aluminum bracket and it broke off behind mounting bolts (same as taillight under the fender) just from vibration I guess. Anyway hell of a job on the bike and if anybody knows of a nice plate mount for stock wr450 fender please let me know.

You're my hero :thumbsup: That bike is absolutely insane. :thumbsup:

Very nicely done. By far the nicest I've ever seen..

So I gotta ask,, $$$

Very nicely done. By far the nicest I've ever seen..

So I gotta ask,, $$$

Man thats a hard question to answer since it took the better part of 5 months to do it, the powder coating alone was about $400.00 for everything I did, the polishing/anodizing was another $400.00, the brand new motor was $1400.00, the headwork and big bore parts (boring, plating, gaskets and piston kit) were $750.00, I already had the wheels but I bought a new 5" rear and re-did the hubs in blue as well as the rims, so lace and true with black spokes was about $150.00, the pipe was $360.00 (ebay score of the century), the 05 pastics, seat, subframe and brake master were about $500.00, graphics were $230.00

Sliders and bar ends were $90.00, brake caliper rebuild kits (so I could anodize them) were about $85.00, then all the various nuts, bolts, airbox parts, and such were at least another $200.00 ....

So that alone is $4565.00 in parts and material.

I did not *need* a new engine, but the deal was too good to pass up since it came with a brand new carb, and if you take into account the fact that I bought a frame, and swingarm and tons of other extras like the electronics, nuts bolts, axles, engine guards and crap off a member here in the classifieds for $290.00 I have everything but forks and a shock to put another complete bike together (my next project) which I will probably sell when its done for somewhere around $3 grand maybe.

Thats what I told my wife anyway, and if I stay true to that and sell the other bike even for $2500.00 when its done, that means that I got my super trick WR done up for $2000.00 which is unheard of in the supermoto community.

Yeah its a lot of money, but I guarantee there is not another one like it anywhere and that is what makes it *priceless* to me, I never went into this trying to add resale value to the machine, I did it because I love to make things my own, I like to do stuff I have never seen anyone else do.

I really do appreciate all the compliments you guys, I am glad you think it's cool, thank you very very much.... :thumbsup:

what year wr?