HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Few

TT AIS Smog Removal Kit

7 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me if they have bought/what is included in the TT kit? :thumbsup:

Mine has been on back order and I'm getting tired of waiting. :bonk:

If it is just two plastic caps and the exhaust header plug off I would like to know? :thumbsup:

For $34.00, I have caps and easynuff to tap and plug the header with the 1/8 pipe tap. :bonk:

I just installed mine today. It comes with two metal plugs and one platic plug for the air box.

John

Hi

Like you guys I think I missed the rush. Mine backordered from TT for nearly 3 weeks/ 30 days and they give up!! :bonk:

Can anyone tell me if they have bought/what is included in the TT kit? :thumbsup:

Mine has been on back order and I'm getting tired of waiting. :eek:

If it is just two plastic caps and the exhaust header plug off I would like to know? :thumbsup:

For $34.00, I have caps and easynuff to tap and plug the header with the 1/8 pipe tap. :bonk:

I believe the GYT kit includes 48 pilot jet and needle with clip. I think the TT kit only has the plugs. If you search AIS removal threads you'll find you can just pipe tap (1/8) the header pipe and seal the other end with a cap- FREE, almost.

I think Yamaha should include a kit with each bike:naughty:, I dont think they make enough and all have been "snapped up". I'll be doing my own plugging if mine does not come via the TT store in the next 2 weeks.

Cheers

Colin

The TT AIS Kit is worth the wait. Very sano and easy to install. Once installed it has a factory look, not like the clamp on plugs like the Yamaha kit or plugs that do not belong near a motorcycle. The price is a little high but IMHO it is going to a guy that took the time to design something that is well made and right the first time. I want the best for a bike I almost shelled out 7 g's for. Also if you remove the right radiator and use a long punch it is much easier to get the exhaust plug in.

I just unbolted the radiator, I didn't take it of, just moved it a bit so I could get to the plug with a long punch.

My kit wasn't back ordered, but I had it sitting here for about a month.