Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
01wr426

Where to get maxxis tires the cheapest?

22 posts in this topic

I have been calling around to all the local shops trying to get a set of maxxis tires and they are all running at or above $135.00 for a set of tires plus mounting. I am planning on getting the IT rear and the SI front. The front is what I really need the most but I thought I might as well buy the rear for later use.

I have tried a few online shops and havent had much luck beating the local price. I know there has to be an online shop with a sale on tires somewhere.

I have also thought about getting an S-12 front. It would be my second choice for a front tire. Are they on sale anywhere?

Thanks,

Eric

The SI front is nice on the 426, but we are sold on the Dunlop 756 front out here. Takes away that split second, slam you into the tera ferma wash-out pushing that the heavy 426 is prone too.

California dealerships have been selling the 756 (soft) and the 952 (inter/hard) for $33 bones on specific sales at Roseville Yamaha and Roseville Cycle Center. Might be worth a call.

MonkeyButt.Com has the front maxxis Si cheapest so far at $36.99.

They sell my rear for $50.99 also.

They have other brands also but those looked the same price as everywhere else.

Thanks

Eric

DENNIS KIRK!! the guarntee the lowest prices! QUOTE: "If any current ad or catalog offers a better deal on HELMETS , EXHAUST SYSTEMS AND TIRES (including freight and C.O.D charges), we'll beat it by a buck!"

SO yeah i would say that would be the best place besides ebay

DENNIS KIRK!! the guarntee the lowest prices! QUOTE: "If any current ad or catalog offers a better deal on HELMETS , EXHAUST SYSTEMS AND TIRES (including freight and C.O.D charges), we'll beat it by a buck!"

off yeah i forgot their address if yall want it

Dennis Kirk

PK has it right on the money, do business with motosportoutlet and you cant go wrong, i just bought a set a week ago and got free shipping had em in 2 days. great deal, free shipping cant go wrong.

I'll agree with PK as well! Just bought a set of Dunlop 952's (gotta try 'em out) and they were delivered to my door in two days for 109.95. Kinda hard to beat good, fast, cheap service from motosport outlet!!!

F:censored: ck Dennis Kirk... And F :bonk: ck Rocky Mountain !!!!!!

What is the matter with you? :bonk:

Your local shop should be able to take care of you. :p They can tell you which tires work best in your area. Often the local shops help out in land use and legislative issues. :eek: Go buy your s :thumbsup: it on-line and when the local shop goes under then you deserve to wait 3 days to get a $20 part to go ride because you wanted to save 5 bucks... YOU SUCK!! :thumbsup:

F:censored: ck Dennis Kirk... And F :p ck Rocky Mountain !!!!!!

What is the matter with you? :bonk:

Your local shop should be able to take care of you. :lol: They can tell you which tires work best in your area. Often the local shops help out in land use and legislative issues. :eek: Go buy your s :thumbsup: it on-line and when the local shop goes under then you deserve to wait 3 days to get a $20 part to go ride because you wanted to save 5 bucks... YOU SUCK!! :bonk:

Damn!!! :eek:

I say check out TT store and support TT :thumbsup:

well what if your local shop sucks.. any suggestions for that. or how about if they are way overpriced...i would rather support tt than these morons here. 1/2 the time they cant get it right the first time ne way

I didn't read anything in this thread about supporting TT from any of you until my post ... Everyone was wanting Dennis Kirk or Rocky Mountain.

I don't have a problem with supporting TT, I think they do a good job.

I didn't read anything in this thread about supporting TT from any of you until my post ... Everyone was wanting Dennis Kirk or Rocky Mountain.

I don't have a problem with supporting TT, I think they do a good job.

TT does a GREAT job with parts and their service is unmatchable. I ordered from motosport because TT didn't have the 952's in their catalog.

I'm all for supporting the local shops, however, when they want twice as much for a tire....c'mon, they have to give a little bit. We are in a capitalist country where the consumer has the right of choice....sometimes I think they don't realize that.

I'm all for supporting the local shops, however, when they want twice as much for a tire....c'mon, they have to give a little bit. We are in a capitalist country where the consumer has the right of choice....sometimes I think they don't realize that.

I'm not saying let your local shop gouge you :bonk:

I'm saying the saving $5.00 mentality is not helping the sport. Your local shop should take care of you. They can give you advice on what works and what doesn't work. If there is a problem with the part you have a "face" to talk to. :p

What would you do if you fouled your last plug, your buddy grabbed the last bottle of mix and didn't tell you, a cable broke 5 minutes into the ride on the first sunny day in three weeks and your local shop was not there? :thumbsup:

As for people posting about Dennis Kirk and Rocky Mountain, they should post that on the Dennis Kirk or Rocky Mountain website. :bonk:

Support those that help support you and your recreation :eek:

Thank you TT for this website :thumbsup: