HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
marktt31

header pipe glowing orange !

15 posts in this topic

I have just recently noticed that the header on my 426 is glowing orange on tick over, i richened the pilot screw but no change, temp is 2-8C where i ride at sea level and i have all stock jetting, the bike is running 110% all through the range, could it be that i only noticed this because it is very dusk in the UK at the moment and it shows up easy in the dark.

Regards Mark

It better turn orange! If it doesn't turn orange then you have a problem. But it turning orange is perfectly normal

Mine has turned orange every time I run it if I let it sit for a minute or 2 as in warming it before an oil change.. Like the man said, it is normal. This is the standard newbie first post, welcome to the wonderful world of YZ..

I have just recently noticed that the header on my 426 is glowing orange on tick over...
Say it ain't so, mate! :thumbsup:

Perfectly normal. Four-srtoke exhaust is rather warm, and your header is only about 1mm thick.

As long as it doesn't Look Like This, you're OK. :thumbsup:

LOL, holy $hit, I wonder if that's covered on his life insurance policy?

Orange must be normal for you northern guys, red is more common color down south where it's already hot outside. :thumbsup:

LOL, holy $hit, I wonder if that's covered on his life insurance policy?
What do you bet they don't know?

What do you bet they don't know?

We need someone here who is similar in appearance to this anonymous pilot to mail this picture to their life and health insurance agents with a note asking if this is covered and post the results. :thumbsup:

The first time I saw that on my 01 WR426, I freaked. I had a hot, slow ride w/ some friends and rookies the first summer on that bike. My 01 does not have an overflow, and the coolant flowed out the tubes a few times during the day - damn near emptied teh radiator. A couple weeks later, I started it up in the garage, late at night. THE PIPE GLOWED!!! I almost cried, as I thought I seriousl *&$#&^ something up in my "new" baby! Ahhh memories... :thumbsup:

Next time it's glowing orange like that, you better touch it to see if it's hot ;-)

:thumbsup: Don't use a nail...a "friend" did that.... :thumbsup: