HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boer

Garmin GPS Mount

10 posts in this topic

I have posted this on the general forum with no response yet :thumbsup:

I have a Garmin etrex vista GPS and have seen the Garmin bike mount available for it. However it looks a bit waek and more like a bicycle mount?

Has anyone used this on their offroad bikes?

I have posted this on the general forum with no response yet :thumbsup:

I have a Garmin etrex vista GPS and have seen the Garmin bike mount available for it. However it looks a bit waek and more like a bicycle mount?

Has anyone used this on their offroad bikes?

Here is a recent thread on the subject.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=328510&highlight=gps

I have used the etrex mount on my WR426 without any problems. The bike has been down several times with it mounted and never failed me. It allowed me to switch it between my WR and the mountain bike. My was the one for the plain e-trex, not sure if the vista works the same but all mine was, was a replacement battery door and a clamp that mounted to the bar the the new batter door slid into and locked. Clamp was rubber mounted.

I've used the Garmin mounts for both the e-trex and the rhino. My mount for the rhino broke once when I completely looped the bike on a hill climb. Held up fine in all other crashes (and they've been many) over the last 3 years.

I think for the money they work fine and they are cheap to replace if broken.

BTW, I had to file the crap out of the inside of the mount to fit Pro Tapers...