CRF450R wide ratio gears

I'm considering getting the wide ratio gears from Baja Designs for my 2005 CRF450R. I ride the CA deseret and always looking for one more gear. Thought a higher 5th gear would help. Don't want to put a smaller rear sprocket on, 1st gear is tall enough. Anyone had experience with the wide gear set from Baja Design????

i want to do the same. somone help.

Try 14/49 instead of wide ratio. Slightly cheaper and easier to install.

T-Diddy

na i want the gear ratios to be differnt. first is too tall and the rest to close. im using a 50 tooth right now and even though it tops out at 83 i still like to go faster.

BD doesn't make them anymore. Not since the X came out.

Madman engineering makes a set, but they're sold out right now.

I have the BD version in my '04. It let's me hit highway speeds on my motard easily and still have a usable first gear for bombing around town.

I run 14/48 offroad and that is for rocky mega hill climbing rides - that gearing is perfect I reckon

I have the BD in my 03 I also changed the rear sprocket to a 53. It made the bike perfect for tight woods as well as fire trails and wide open desert.

I've had one for a couple of years in my 03 and love it. I'm down 1 on the counter and have a 53 on the rear for these rocky Ozark hills and it still hauls butt in high.