HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Few

Zip-ty air screw '06 "Help"???

8 posts in this topic

The Stock air adj. screw seems to have a cap/plug over it with a small hole to reach the screw in side with a small flat blade screw driver. I bought the new screw and it say to "consult your mechanic" if unsure what to do.

Ok, can anyone help tell me the best way to get the cap off? It does not come out when the screw is backed out, nor easy to pry off/out from the hole. Thanks. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

My 03 WR 450 didn't have that cap. BUt, if you do a search here, I recall posts about prying that sucker out.

And, I think it's called a fuel screw on a 4 stroke, air screw on a 2 stroke. So, that might help your search.

Turn the carb or pull it off completely so you have access to the cap. Screw a small machine screw into the little hole and use it for leverage to wiggle the thing out. The cap is on there to comply with CARB smog requirements, nothing more. BTW, 2-strokes have air screws, 4-strokes have fuel screws :thumbsup:..SC

Done... big deal, It's just a aluminum plug. With a little light pry from the inside of the hole with a pick tool (small needle nose worked for me) on one side, then the other , back and forth, it will release then one side will pop up/out. Grab with needle nose and remove. Thanks for the help. I was just slightly paranoid since I have not had a chance to ride it yet until today.

*** It fired right up!*** :thumbsup::bonk::bonk::thumbsup:

Installed:

JD Kit-

168 mj

Red #4

Zip-ty screw

Rear Caliper guard

Front Disc guard

Skid Plate ,(on back order)

Frame guards

Hand guards

PMB, (due Monday)