HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
baja brad

2004 WR450 3.2 gal. tank problems

8 posts in this topic

I own a 2004 WR450 and need the bigger fuel tank for long rides down Baja.

I have looked at IMS , Acerbis , Zipty, and Clark. I get different answers from shops and manufactureers. When I put the bigger tank on I know I need YZ450 radiator shrouds. Do I need a YZ seat also? I have been told yes by IMS, but No from a couple local shops that sell the stuff. They say the WR seat is too wide and doesn't work. I really dont want to purchase a tank and shrouds then lead into a bunch more costs (seat is $150 from Yamaha ).

Anybody out there running the Acerbis on 2004 WR450? or an IMS on 2004?

How did they fit? What do you recommend?

I did a search! Extensive search. Nobody talked about the seat fitting. Alot of the bikes were not 2004 either.

Alot of the bikes were not 2004 either.

'03-'06 WR's use same aftermarket tank. The '03 and '04 bikes just have to use the YZ shrouds. :thumbsup:

I have the Acerbis with YZ shrouds, great fit, the tank has 2 holes for the seat lock, it's even written on the tank for whatever model you want to use it, 2 petcocks, can't beat it!!

The WR seat will fit with the acerbis , not sure about the IMS. ..