Offset triple clamps, 20mm vs 22 ??

Any suggestions as to offset amount?Applied has the 22mm and Pro Taper offers the 20mm. I have a 05 YZ450F. I would like tomake it both track and trail freindly. Any suggestions welcome.

I have a set of 22.5 Applieds on my '04, and I would not consider at all going any more than that. In fact, 23-23.5 would probably suit me better. It definitely turns better, but there's a price to pay for it. Actually, I'm surprised that anyone makes 20's for it. Read:

First Impressions

Follow up

I agree. I have a set of 22's. I would be interested in trying the 20's, but the 22's are plenty good.

I have talked to several people who claim Team Yamaha uses 22's. No real proof of this. The clamps I bought were supposed to go to Yamaha's Mach 1 team for the 2003 season if that is of any help. If Yamaha settled on 22's fo rsupercross, I cannot imagien what the 20's would be good for.

Thanks for the info and links Gray!! I will most likly go w/Applied, I run the 756 year round up here, (Northern Oregon and once in awhile eastern.) Generally soft stuff. I have a Scotts dampener off my old 501FX Berg. Guess it's time to pull it out and put it to work. I have another question for ya, did you notice any less compression braking w/the flywheel wieght?

I have another question for ya, did you notice any less compression braking w/the flywheel wieght?
Not significantly, no. Maybe a little. I happen to like engine braking, having been raised on four strokes in the first place. Raising the idle will reduce it a bit at lower rpm, but at high speeds, it's pretty constant regardless.