HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Missile

More Than Air & Tubes !!

1 post in this topic

Its dark outside, raining and cold. I'm lying on the garage floor trying to figure out how to get the front wheel off for a greasing session (novice mechanic at work). I hear a weird rattling sound. The hair on the back of my neck stands up. Continued working and again..... again a strange unidentifiable sound. What the F&&&??? Continued working and there was that noise again. Sheeeiiittt. Things are getting weird.

I could not figure out what the noise was until.... I noticed that it only happened when I was turning the front wheel....

I havent checked yet as I dont have tire irons, but my guess is that there is major amount of dirt INSIDE the tire which moves around when the wheel when its rotating slowly - hence the noise which scared the s h i t out of me at first.

It also fits with the bouncing sensation from the front wheel when riding tarmac at high speed - I guess the centrifugal force jams the dirt in one part of the tire causing a weight imbalance which makes the front end 'bounce' slightly.

How it gets in there in the first place is a mystery.

Anyone else had this problem ???

The (Not s h i t scared any more) Missile

------------------

The Missile

'99 WR400F

Airbox Lid - gone

Throttle Stop - shorty!

Plastics/Tank/Seat - One Industries

Street Legal