HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tmckeown

Quiz

17 posts in this topic

Must be for drilling the ice tires with studs! After all you live in the Ice Racing capital of the world! :thumbsup::thumbsup::bonk::bonk::eek::p:eek::lol::p:worthy::worthy:

a.JPG

Must be for drilling the ice tires with studs! After all youlive in the Ice racing capital of the world! :bonk::bonk::eek:

a.JPG

Indy you're so good :thumbsup:

It is actually a selfdrilling stud that doesn't even need a hole for itself, second picture is mounting device for it so you can use normal dril to screw it in :thumbsup:

Timo Mc

Hi,

I just found it from local motorcycle shop. It is a Italian made stud and costs quite much, almost a $1 per stud. People who tried bike with these studs say it is not even close to "real" studed tire but definately better than without.

Biggest use for this would be during a long enduro race in snowy conditions were you have to drive some asphalt when you lose some studs you can put some new one in those holes just with drill.

Timo Mc

So this is an actual stud. My misundertanding. I thought it was a coring tool used to "core" holes in the tire into which you insert the studs with a stud inserting tool (e.g. Bruno Wessel or other).