Quiz

what is it? it doesn't look good whatever it is..

Is it for clearing blocked drains?

Do I get a prize if I'm right? I think I am.

Looks like it is for digging holes in the ground.

If it were for unclogging drains I would expect it to be flexible.

Is it for clearing blocked drains?

Nope, has to do with motorcycles.

Timo Mc

is it an oil pump drive rod?

or some kind of jetting device?

Must be for drilling the ice tires with studs! After all you live in the Ice Racing capital of the world! :thumbsup::thumbsup::bonk::bonk::eek::p:eek::lol::p:worthy::worthy:

a.JPG

is it an oil pump drive rod?

or some kind of jetting device?

Nope :thumbsup:

Timo Mc

Must be for drilling the ice tires with studs! After all youlive in the Ice racing capital of the world! :bonk::bonk::eek:

a.JPG

Indy you're so good :thumbsup:

It is actually a selfdrilling stud that doesn't even need a hole for itself, second picture is mounting device for it so you can use normal dril to screw it in :thumbsup:

Timo Mc

That is a cool way to whip up a studded tire! How fast can you do a new tire with studs this way? :thumbsup:

Where can we buy such ?

Do you need to glue it in ?

Jack screw from a MD80?

I'd love to know where you got that from if you don't mind sharing trade secrets!

Hi,

I just found it from local motorcycle shop. It is a Italian made stud and costs quite much, almost a $1 per stud. People who tried bike with these studs say it is not even close to "real" studed tire but definately better than without.

Biggest use for this would be during a long enduro race in snowy conditions were you have to drive some asphalt when you lose some studs you can put some new one in those holes just with drill.

Timo Mc

So this is an actual stud. My misundertanding. I thought it was a coring tool used to "core" holes in the tire into which you insert the studs with a stud inserting tool (e.g. Bruno Wessel or other).

ITS AN ICE SCREW DUH :thumbsup::thumbsup::bonk::bonk: