XR650R black plastic

Man, you're up against it going that route I'm afraid. If you've got some deep pockets you can go to macmoto in england for the rear fender(the only place in the world that I could find them). They also list on ebay, just search for xr650r.

I just did black on my bike and although I like the look, it was a major effort. I originally krylon'd my number plates(they looked good too. I don't know for how long that would have lasted though). Subsequently, I had full plate graphics done for that and the background was black so it covered anything I had painted.

There are also black number plate backgrounds that might work for close to the same look.

If you have a baja designs dual sport kit, you can just get a black replacement headlight/front numberplate assembly in black.

As Far as handguards, you can probably get those most places, not stock however. Those I did paint.

The biggie will be your tank if your thinkin that. Clarke manufacturing has those(in black), in the bigger version(a definite must in my opinion). That will be my next investment, along with some pro taper bars.

You can go to my garage and check out what I did in black.

Oh yeah, my front ender is a xr400 fender, thats why it looks a little different.

Any other questions I'll be happy to pass along what I can.

Thanks for the info. I was lucky enough to find a brand new black 4.6 gallon IMS tank and I picked up the black headlight from Baja Designs. The remaining parts I took to get truck bed liner sprayed on them. Pretty cool look and scratch resistant as well ? . A few black excel's later and it's a pretty stealth bike. I was hoping to hear that someone started making some options for the beast.

Most guys just krylon fusion everything black. You could get blank black number plate background and apply that with a heat gun....wont bubble and flake off, and its harder to scratch......but touch ups for scratches would be difficult.... I personally screwed up my left panel really bad, very deep scratches....sanded and painted it white.....actually looks alright and its lasted 6 months now (not krylon) im probably just going to get black or white number plate background for the panels......rear fender im not sure because that pipe has already turned it brown.....the sticker sheet would probably just peal off.....as would paint.....dont know what to do yet.

• 3 weeks later...

I contacted UFO directly to find out when they will be offering all the XR650R plastics in black. They said to contact XRSonly. I did.

UFO will be supplying XRSonly with black plastic. The person I spoke with did not know exactly what will be available or when, but it is happening. ?

Young guys are into black... it's a fad... the XR650 is a man's bike... it was not meant to be black or ridden by a gnargnarbrodude anyway... Sell the bike... buy a CR250 and go black... cut the fenders... and make some knack knack holes in the side plates... ?

I have a 93 XR600, and I would like at least a black front fender. It's not for looks though. The reason is night riding. I have a 100W headlight and so much light reflects off the white front fender, it interferes with seeing the trail. The bike will look kind of funky with black in front and everything else black.

Young guys are into black... it's a fad... the XR650 is a man's bike... it was not meant to be black or ridden by a gnargnarbrodude anyway... Sell the bike... buy a CR250 and go black... cut the fenders... and make some knack knack holes in the side plates... ?

I agree. ?

The bike looks like crap with black plastic. :bonk:

(sorry Bruce)

I have a 93 XR600, and I would like at least a black front fender. It's not for looks though. The reason is night riding. I have a 100W headlight and so much light reflects off the white front fender, it interferes with seeing the trail. The bike will look kind of funky with black in front and everything else black.

Shiny back will reflect too... Just mount a fender bag up there or mask off the light with exhaust paint so it misses the fender...