HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xrcrash

sound test 450

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone sound tested the 05 wr 450 with the end cap off? I just need to know if i have to put it back on to pass tech at 96bds.

I read a magazine article the said it was around 96. Pro Moto Billet has a tip that replaces the stock one. Surely its under 96. Its $50. They sent me a picture if you want to see it.

There is a very noticeable difference with the PMB insert on vs. without it. I don't know about decibels, but the package that came with my PMB said something about being 96 or less, and one test they did was 92 or so.

Has anyone sound tested the 05 wr 450 with the end cap off? I just need to know if i have to put it back on to pass tech at 96bds.

I can guarantee you that you will surpass 96db with you insert removed :thumbsup:

I thought that the 05 model had a decent unrestricted silencer that was around 94 db when unplugged. That is what all the tests said.