Price 650R

Has the price gone up on a 650R lately? I paid 5500 bucks OTD for my 03 and I see 06s going for 5900. I'm thinking about buying a new one before Honda quits making em.I figure I can switch over all the mods to the new bike and sell the old one for about 3 grand. That way I have a new, set up bike for about $3000.

The price goes up about $100 every year just to keep up with "inflation". Too bad our paychecks don't "inflate" as much as prices/taxes do....

If you have the $ then go for it. However, I would look around for somebody who bought a Pig and couldn't handle the power/weight and never rode it. Those are the best deals going.

Has the price gone up on a 650R lately? I paid 5500 bucks OTD for my 03 and I see 06s going for 5900. I'm thinking about buying a new one before Honda quits making em.I figure I can switch over all the mods to the new bike and sell the old one for about 3 grand. That way I have a new, set up bike for about $3000.

Just asking, not criticizing, but what's the 06 going to do for you that the 03 can't?

Seems like you'd be spending $3k for little or no gain, save slightly fresher bearings, engine, and fluids.

In your place, I'd probably put the $3k in a money market and use it to rebuild the 03 when the time comes.

--Soren

I agree to some exten sorenlaf. However, there is just something to be said about a new bike sitting in the garage.

It costs a couple grand to go through a 4 stroke and bring the motor back to sound condition, for another grand I'm riding new and have little down time,then I'm set for another 20 K miles on the trail.