HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stainlessTT

Chain question

14 posts in this topic

I lost the idler directly behind the front sproket on my 04 yz450. Where can I get one of these cheap?

What things have fallen off of your bike? I lost my kick strater once before too.

My top sub frame bolt tried to fall out once that was kinda wierd. check all bolts after every race.

I use fingernail polish instead of loctite. .. works better.

Somehow I doubt it works better, please be careful. Especially if you use it on internal motor parts that call for a thread locker.

Both Loc-Tites have their place. Red is for stuff that's more critical and less often removed, like bearing retainer bolts, clutch basket bolts, stuff like that. And yes, chain guides and roller pivots, too. It really isn't that tough to remove fasteners secured with it, either.

Blue is for the more every day stuff like lever clamps and seat bolts. A single application can be reused up to maybe three times, although its effectiveness will be diminished with each reuse.

If you stick a sprocket on the back and leave it there for a year or more, use red. If you change gears once or twice a month, use blue instead. If you change them on a near weekly basis, buy 3-4 extra sets of bolts and a bag of lock nuts and don't use Loc-Tite at all. It just depends. :thumbsup:

BTW, I'll beat you look really hot with your nails all done up :thumbsup:

BTW, I'll beat you look really hot with your nails all done up :thumbsup:

I hope that was an accidental mistype........ :thumbsup:

Somehow I doubt it works better, please be careful. Especially if you use it on internal motor parts that call for a thread locker.

I don't use it on internal engine parts (motors are electrical :thumbsup:). I use fingernail polish on a lot of things actually. Engine Mounts, Sealing Graphics (clear), Marking Bolts, its really useful. I have a factory mechanic do all my engine work so I never have any reason to use fingernail polish on the inside. But for the most part I use finger nail polish instead of loctite. The reason it works better is because it seals as more of a plastic... so when you loosen exterior bolts its more of a snap than a reef. I don't trust loc-tite at all. I've had too many bolts come out from loc-tite. Almost seems to me it acts more of a lubricant than a lock.

I hope that was an accidental mistype........ :thumbsup:

Bwahahahaha!! I won't name any names in the northwest that do that and race... but i'm not one of them.