HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Snake

S T A R T E R t r o u b l e !!!

5 posts in this topic

The trouble is,,,my M8's looking to put an electric starter on his bike, a Yamaha WR400, but cant find a starter anywhere. If NE1 knows if its possible, or if NE1 has done it - please send me details A S A P. Does he need to order outside UK for a starter, or are there any places that would make one. What alternative electric starters would work on a WR400 ? ANY info on this would be a help, because I cant even ride a bike and I listen to this problem EVERY EFFing day...Snake

there is a company in france that does the conversion and TBM rode it and were impressed only a short while ago (april issue). i put up the info and someone found a link to a site.

go into search and try putting in "two wheel drive etc" see what you get.

the company is called les roues and they're on 0033139880276

in goussainville,france. cost is £1000 including all taxes to do your bike.

Taffy

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice and guidance - Ive found a new starter for just under £1300.00 but as much as i like the bike, thats too much.

Unless i find it cheaper (even 2nd hand) the bikes getting sold. A pity considering the Yamaha wr400 is a fantastic bike. Its been adapted for road use also - best getaway ride you'll ever get (apart from having to kick it)...