too short.....

i have a 98 yz400 and im wondering if theres any way i can make the bike around 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch shorter without changing out springs or opening up the forks? i have been hearing people talk about sliding the forks and im curious if i can change the ride height by doing this or if theres any other tricks that can be done to help me out... im around 5'7 and i can ride just fine and stuff.. kick start it while sitting down and all that fun stuff.. but i would enjoy riding it more if it were a little bit shorter.. any info would help.. thanks.. -wayne-

Sliding the forks up in the clamps will make the bike turn easier and less stable at high speed. Not necessarily a bad thing.......

Try it.

You can get a lowering link but it is really expensive and costs way more than geting suspension lowered professionally.

my seat is already about an inch thick it has an aftermarket seat.. i can just deal with it i can ride just fine but i was wanting it a bit lower to make it easer to stand and kick start it, its get kinda hard standing on my left tiptoe while i try to kick it over when its like 20 degrees outside(tempermental 4 stroke) but i can cope.. if anyone knows of any aftermarket stores that sell parts and accessories for WR/YZ400F let me know.. thanks.. -wayne-