HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TeamScream

Some preliminary pics of my WR project.

23 posts in this topic

First trying to see if my link works and also letting you guys be the first to see the progress on the WR Hybrid.

Project 2001/3/5 Yamaha WR-YZ Hybrid Supermoto Madness.

Yes I go a bit overboard, yes I may be slightly deranged, I am getting older and I like bling still, call it what you will, but it started life as a 2001 WR426F that I got brand new off the showroom floor, registered it immediately when I got it in 2000 and this is the 3rd genesis it has gone through in it's life.

2005 YZ tank and shrouds, 2005 WR rear fender and YZ side plates, 2003 YZ airbox, 2001 WR front number plate and headlight, and the engine is a BRAND SPANKING NEW 2001 WR426F out of a crate from Japan that has a head work by Hiroshi Yokota from Yoshimura , it has a 444 big bore jug, a GYT-R full titanium-carbon fiber system, blue anodized Fluidyne radiators, Excel 5" rear and 3.5" front 17's on Talon hubs, black spokes and polished then anodized blue hubs and rims, custom ZLT graphics in the TeamScream flavor, I have a Trick Dualsport system on order/appointment, Polished and anodized (red) front and rear Braking calipers, Black powder coated frame, swingarm and guards, black anodized outer fork tubes and 2003 subframe, 20mm RG3 clamps polished and anodized blue, black anodized shock body, blue powder coated shock goods including spring.

Theres a bunch more and these are just the pre-build pictures, I am still working out battery mount location and wiring routing but I should have it all sorted out by this weekend and be able to take some fully assembled shots for the overall look.

I hope at least one of you guys like what I have done so far, but I can tell you I am extremely happy with the way it looks so far and I am going to fire it up this weekend and try and break it in if I can get it jetted properly.

I matched the jetting I had on the previous build which was also a big bore so it should be really close.

Check the link below and look at the pictures so far and let me know what you think.

Team Scream WR Project

Holy crap dude! Someone has too much money! What a way to spend it!!!!

Those anodised radiators are the best I have ever seen!

How did you get the cylinder and head black? Is it paint or anodizing?

You just made a tear run down my cheak!! That is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen!!! Congrats man on a job very well done!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::bonk::bonk::eek:

Shcwingggg!!!!! Awesome details! All that back & blue is red hot. Why no LED tail light and shorty CR style front brake line?

BEAUTIFUL :thumbsup:

Don't forget all the hose clamps before you fire her up.

Holy crap dude! Someone has too much money! What a way to spend it!!!!

Those anodised radiators are the best I have ever seen!

How did you get the cylinder and head black? Is it paint or anodizing?

Actually the cylinder and head are powder coated, they used a lower temp cure (under 400 degrees) powder so the heat would not affect the bore.

I am not sure what the mentality behind that is other than Millenium told me not to get the new bore any hotter than 400 degrees.

my wife bakes cookies at 400 degrees?

As far as the CR shorty routing of the front brake line, I want to do that but Earls was out of the proper fittings when I went down there last weekend so I had to order them, also I am looking into the correct way to secure the line to the fork guards. There is less room to pull it off cleanly with a 17" (soon to be 16.5") front wheel.

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate it.

Its not all that much money, I got all the engine components, frame,swingarm, guards and stuff powder coated for less than $400.00

All the anodizing of the sub frame, wheels, hubs, triples, brakes and such was another $300.00 (including polishing first), and I got the engine brand new in a crate with a brand new carb for $1400.00 cash.

This has been a 5 or 6 month project so far, I have been doing a little at a time so my wife doesnt skin me alive for spending all our money.....lol

ZLT did a great job on the graphics again, those guys are super cool down there. (zltmxid.com).

More pics to follow when I get it finsihed...stay tuned!

P.S. is there a complete LED tail light that I dont know of? or are you talking about putting an 1157 LED bulb in the stock tail light assembly?

That is just awesome.

It's a work of art. You should put it in your living room when you are done.

I'd sure like to know how to find and purchase a crated, new WR450 motor if you wouldn't mind PM'ing me or telling us the best way to go about that.

I'd just like to swap out my YZ motor for the WR.

Where did you get that WR rear fender graphic? I haven't seen one of those anywhere....

Had it custom made (sent the rear fender in for them to use as a template) by ZLT

I'd sure like to know how to find and purchase a crated, new WR450 motor if you wouldn't mind PM'ing me or telling us the best way to go about that.

I'd just like to swap out my YZ motor for the WR.

There was a guy selling new YZ motors in the classifieds section several months ago, I bought one of those and then after some SERIOUS begging I convinced him to sell me the ONLY 2001 WR motor he had, he was saving that for himself to put in a quad project he intended to "get around to" someday but then realized he was never going to find the time to do it and sold the motor to me.

Score of the century in my world.....that deal does not exist anymore.

The sad part of the story is now I have my original WR motor, and was forced to buy another frame, swingarm and such off ebay and now I have to build another bike......god forbid I leave that motor sitting on the bench collecting dust, you guys would never forgive me for that now would you? I cant take that risk.......lol. :thumbsup:

That project will take some time because I need to get a set of 05 or 06 forks to put on the bike you see in the pictures to finish it all off so that I can use the forks I have on the next bike.

Plus I have to rebuild the bottom end on the old motor to make it worthy.

Give me another 6 months and I will have it in the bag.

*drools* give me your adress so i can mug you and take it..... ';..;'

and i see in one of the pics you have two of these?!!?! omg i hate you... you are my official new mortal enemy

Actually the cylinder and head are powder coated, they used a lower temp cure (under 400 degrees) powder so the heat would not affect the bore.

I am not sure what the mentality behind that is other than Millenium told me not to get the new bore any hotter than 400 degrees.

my wife bakes cookies at 400 degrees?

As far as the CR shorty routing of the front brake line, I want to do that but Earls was out of the proper fittings when I went down there last weekend so I had to order them, also I am looking into the correct way to secure the line to the fork guards. There is less room to pull it off cleanly with a 17" (soon to be 16.5") front wheel.

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate it.

Its not all that much money, I got all the engine components, frame,swingarm, guards and stuff powder coated for less than $400.00

All the anodizing of the sub frame, wheels, hubs, triples, brakes and such was another $300.00 (including polishing first), and I got the engine brand new in a crate with a brand new carb for $1400.00 cash.

This has been a 5 or 6 month project so far, I have been doing a little at a time so my wife doesnt skin me alive for spending all our money.....lol

ZLT did a great job on the graphics again, those guys are super cool down there. (zltmxid.com).

More pics to follow when I get it finsihed...stay tuned!

P.S. is there a complete LED tail light that I dont know of? or are you talking about putting an 1157 LED bulb in the stock tail light assembly?

Ride Engineering has the kit for mounting the brake line like a CR, they also have aluminum Banjo bolts for 8.00 per set.

That is just awesome.

It's a work of art. You should put it in your living room when you are done.

Yup! Too pretty to ride.

It would be a shame if it got some mud on it...