HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
twenty34

Want to Trade my 06 WR450 for an 06 YZ 450?

17 posts in this topic

I LOVE this bike, but thought I'd be doing more enduro riding (I'm 40 now), but have spent the last couple of times at the track and would like it to be a little lighter since I'm so out of shape. The bike handles and rides superb, but again, the extra 20 or so pounds would be nice NOT to not have.

The bike is basically new with 100 miles on it and the oil has been drained 3 times already. All paid for, have the title, etc.

Who knows, maybe by tomorrow, I'll change my mind again. :thumbsup:

I don't have a 2006 but I have a 2000 YZ426F. I bought it 2001 and it gets ridden about 5 times a year. The guy I bought it off of had about 10 hours on it and no scratches. In the desert (I live in Northern Nevada) a couple of times and then in the Sierra Nevada mountains in the summer (slow single track riding.) After market accessories include: Renthal bars, Acerbis bark busters, MSR levers, 1/2" taller seat foam, 10 oz. flywheel, Sharkfin disc protector rear, removable kickstand, Devol radiator guards and lastly a Dr.D complete exhaust system. I should of bought a WR but I got a really good deal on this bike and I couldn't pass it up. I still have the stock flywheel and counter sprocket so it'll rip on the track. I just checked the valves before last ride and they're spot on. There's a new Kenda Millville on the back and believe it or not the stock Dunlop is on the front with about 75% tread left on it. The bike has been babied because it was my dream bike, always garaged, oil changed every 2 rides and air filter cleaned after every ride. I love the bike but I want to convert a WR into a street bike for commuting to work. After all my research it will just be a lot cheaper and easier to convert a WR instead of my YZ.

Now that I ran on forever I'd like to offer you the trade as well as $2500.00 cash. Whaddya think?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

I wish I had bought a WR. I never go to the track, and spend all my time doing desert enduro riding. I'd enjoy the more spaced out tranny gears, and the headlight...

Are you interested in a 2000 YZ426? It's in awesome shape, starts 1st kick, and runs like a raped ape on drugs.

http://aals1.home.att.net/DaYZ.jpg

Who in their right mind would trade an 06 WR for a six year old YZ?

That's not the way the title reads. I think the guys that want' to trade up are hallucinating though for sure.

How much do you want, cash for your 06 WR?

These guys are trying to trade Oprah for Jessica Alba.

But Oprah comes with a lot of $$$$. Alba is darn cute though.

Tell you what, I'll trade my KLX for your old rusted MX bicycle + $2.5K

Why not remove the battery and electric starter from your WR and drop some weight off it. Throw on a YZ rear fender and put a YZ cam in it.

Yes, I thought of that, but that's not gonna drop it 30lbs. That's roughly the difference in the two bikes. All the Free mods have been done already. The bike hauls, that's not the issue.

Why not remove the battery and electric starter from your WR and drop some weight off it. Throw on a YZ rear fender and put a YZ cam in it.

Why not remove Oprah and install Jessica Alba onto the seat.

Why not remove Oprah and install Jessica Alba onto the seat.

That would cerntainly shave some wieght off. :thumbsup:

I agree just by a YZF450 and have both, I do.

Keep your WR and buy a 2005 YZ250 and learn to ride that first. As a matter of fact, I have one for sale. It was a supercross bike that was ridden in 2 races so it is plenty fast.

Thats a great idea!

Buy a bike learn how to ride it and then buy another bike that is completely different and learn to ride that one.

Stop starting up the 2 stroke with the garage door closed.

The fumes are killing brain cells.

Isn't There mmajor differences between the 06 YZ and the 06 WR ? I mean not only the obvious like the aluminum frame, but what I read on the YZ, is that the bike weighs the same as last year but do to some other mods it feels alot lighter and the center of gravity is much lower. I'm not sure if the 06 WR got those same changes as the YZ. :thumbsup:

Yes, there's a bunch of differences, gearing, suspension, headlight, weight etc. The bike is great, no issues. It weighs almost 30lbs more. It's great in the desert, and pretty damm good on a moto-x track, but again, I wanted a YZ since it's lighter and found that I probably will be riding Moto-X tracks more than the desert I've discovered. Remember, I'm old and don't ride like I used to so I notice the extra weight. Taking out the battery , etc won't make that much of a dent, otherwise, I'd just take stuff off.

Isn't There mmajor differences between the 06 YZ and the 06 WR ? I mean not only the obvious like the aluminum frame, but what I read on the YZ, is that the bike weighs the same as last year but do to some other mods it feels alot lighter and the center of gravity is much lower. I'm not sure if the 06 WR got those same changes as the YZ. :thumbsup: