HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blaster21996

06 YZ450F, has too much...

26 posts in this topic

POWER!

Here in Florida, the motor is excellent for the sand, however, I rode at Hardrock MX track yesterday, witch is a hard pack track (4 of them to be exact). I do not have the skill to control the power on a hard surface.

So, I can either keep my 05 YZ250F for hard tracks, or, find a way to cut some power off the 450 for the hard pack tracks.

Here are a few of my ideas..

A WR throttle stop screw

An over stuffed silencer

Does anybody have any other ideas?

(If you feel like this is an opportunity to post a wise A__ comment, please do :thumbsup: )

If you are having throttle control problems, why not just try riding a gear high? The bike will pull, just not as hard. Try it, you may like it.

There is a throttle tube on the market that allows you to control the power of your bike but I can't remember who makes it. It is aluminum and has three different setting to adjust it to your needs. I'm sure someone will chime in with the name. This is probably what you need. I thought the same thing when I first rode mine on a hard pack track,but the more time I put on it the more I love this bike.

There is a throttle tube on the market that allows you to control the power of your bike but I can't remember who makes it. It is aluminum and has three different setting to adjust it to your needs. I'm sure someone will chime in with the name. This is probably what you need. I thought the same thing when I first rode mine on a hard pack track,but the more time I put on it the more I love this bike.

G2 Ergonomics Throttle Cam System

http://www.procycle.us/main/g2.htm

Go ride an 03 on the hardpack. Then get back on the 06. Problem solved! You will love the smooth power of the 06 in comparisson.

how bout turning your wrist a little less, its the cheapest way. its not fair to compare a 250f to a 450f and then complain about too much power. seriously though i had the same issue going from a kdx200 to a yzf426, i changed gearing and use less throttle, it works. you'll find the sweet spot and soon complain that your 250f has no power. funny how that works. good luck

POWER!

Here in Florida, the motor is excellent for the sand, however, I rode at Hardrock MX track yesterday, witch is a hard pack track (4 of them to be exact). I do not have the skill to control the power on a hard surface.

So, I can either keep my 05 YZ250F for hard tracks, or, find a way to cut some power off the 450 for the hard pack tracks.

A WR throttle stop screw

An over stuffed silencer

(If you feel like this is an opportunity to post a wise A__ comment, please do :thumbsup: )

If you think the 06 has too much power, Even with the Perfect Seamless delivery that it has, Then you my friend belong on a 250F!

Everytime the front end starts to come up SHIFT up. You'll be if fifth real soon and having a blast!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

thats always how it is when moving up to a bigger sized bike. just ride a while longer, get used to it.... if you put any restrictor on it, you'l just smack yourself in the head because once you get used to it, youl have to take the time to put it back stock, where you would rather be riding it. :thumbsup:

POWER!

A WR throttle stop screw

An over stuffed silencer

Don't restrict it!

throttle control and use the torque not hp, meaning short shift it!

You know it has the power to pull. :thumbsup:

Had the same problem when i bought my first 450 ('05) and used it for flattrack racing (Hardpack). Changed to a G2 Ergonomics Throttle Cam System,geared longer (went to a 47 rear), flywheel weight and a better rear tyre. Traction..traction...traction=fast.

If you are that bent on it, I will trade you straight across for my 02WR426!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Seriously, just ride it and you will get used to it. May take a few rides, but I'm sure it will work out.

Josh

No one else said it yet, but if you still have the stock tires on it they are not really good for any terrain at all. Especially the hard pack/loose pack/rocky surface at hard Rock.

I say get used to the bike and learn a little throttle control and change the tires.

I dropped a tooth on the front sprocket and still don't have trouble at Hardrock. And I'm a new mx rider. :thumbsup:

I wish to thank all those that posted there thoughts on my problem. I took a couple of the posters advice and ordered the G2 throttle tube this morning, and just finished advertising my YZ250F in the paper for sale. :thumbsup:

I had a big scare on my 450 (rmz) when I first got it after riding it more and more it dont scare me one bit now, just ride it mate and from what ive heard the 06 yzf 450 is the most user friendly of the lot do you should be fine.