got to ride yz450f

i finnaly got a chance to ride a 06 yz450.so i got on it and was ready to kick it hard suprise it was easy to start next i was ready for the big hit of the engine no bit hit i thought i was riding a 250 until i twisted it more lots of power but smooth the weight of the bike seemed like a 250.very impressed with bike yamaha have got it write very user friendly but still heaps of power.i have riden a 03 450 and the diffrents is massive

Damn you :thumbsup: I'm trying to convince my wife to let me sell my 03 450 and get an 06 but she won't go for it, especially with my 2 1/2 week old baby girl.

Just about any 450 with auto-decomp will be easy to start. My friend wanted to see if he could start my bike. ( I had just purchased the bike) He threw a leg over it, took the kickstart out and put a little weight on the kickstart so that he could readjust himself to give it a proper kick and it started. Yes, he ACCIDENTLY started it. When mine is warm, I can just ease my weight on it a little bit and it will start everytime. That is just the way the 450's are. I have noticed that most big bores (400 and up) tend to start easier with a slow kick. Whereas small bores (300F and below) tend to require a quick jab to get them running.

Damn you :thumbsup: I'm trying to convince my wife to let me sell my 03 450 and get an 06 but she won't go for it, especially with my 2 1/2 week old baby girl.

Hey man it is ok, congrats on the baby girl :thumbsup: !