Works Connection Glide Plate 06

ordered mine today too, after i got an email from them that they were available - you know small things like following up with a customer question like this sure are rare! Yes, i know they just piled all our email addresses in to a db and sent a mass email to all that asked about yz450 parts, but thats a heck of a lot more than some businesses do.

Anyone know about their rad braces yet?

'06 Yamaha YZ250F

Part Number Description Projected Availability Date

18-275 Radiator Cages 3/9/2006

'06 Yamaha YZ450F

Part Number Description Projected Availability Date

18-263 Radiator Cages 3/15/2006

Im not all that impressed with mine, to be honest.... ?

The fitment isnt all that great.

1) it's a bit off center between the frame spars in the front

2) the rear bolt area is recessed, but not enough so there is about a 1/4" gap - had to use longer bolt to reach the mounting tab that's on the frame.

I wonder if i have a prototype or something ?

Im pretty bummed about this - i mean, yes it fits and will do the job, but I expected a LOT better fit/finish from works connection :bonk:

2) the rear bolt area is recessed, but not enough so there is about a 1/4" gap - had to use longer bolt to reach the mounting tab that's on the frame.

Im pretty bummed about this - i mean, yes it fits and will do the job, but I expected a LOT better fit/finish from works connection :bonk:

Noticed the same thing...you would think as simple as a glide plate is it would bolt on as good as the OEM plate.

If anyone else is having this problem let the rest of us know. I would rather spend the extra money on a carbon fiber plate than one that doesn't fit right.

If anyone else is having this problem let the rest of us know. I would rather spend the extra money on a carbon fiber plate than one that doesn't fit right.

I will take some pictures tonight if I get a chance. To me it's just typical OEM vs. aftermarket. Does it fit perfect and line up just right??? no....

Mine bolted right up - with Stock hardware ?

yea the front is just a hair off center - no big deal - it is a lot better than what comes on the bike - and for you "everything has to be perfectly straight" types....it ain't no different than every subframe that is a little off center...from the factory

It does however cover the entire lower framerails - this is good for the protection - and unless your front wheel sends a 15lb rock between the frame rails/towards the cases you will be fine...........

Im not all that impressed with mine, to be honest.... :bonk:

I am gonna take a beating on this, but..... Works Connection is CRAP! I have had there R-Braces on another bike, none of the mount holes lined up, I had to MAKE it fit. Then I had the same problem with frame guards on my CR500, I had to hammer it, to make it fit.

Sorry guys, but they suck in MY book! ?

Now be nice, no hitting or back biting! :bonk:

I am gonna take a beating on this, but..... Works Connection is CRAP! I have had there R-Braces on another bike, none of the mount holes lined up, I had to MAKE it fit. Then I had the same problem with frame guards on my CR500, I had to hammer it, to make it fit.

Sorry guys, but they suck in MY book! ?

Now be nice, no hitting or back biting! :bonk:

I to have had past problems with WC - but my 06 lined up and fits fine no problems...for 60.00 what the hey?

I checked all over for the GYTR - there is no eta.....and I decided, I am not waiting any longer ?

• 3 weeks later...