Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ga426owner

Works Connection Glide Plate 06

23 posts in this topic

ordered mine today too, after i got an email from them that they were available - you know small things like following up with a customer question like this sure are rare! Yes, i know they just piled all our email addresses in to a db and sent a mass email to all that asked about yz450 parts, but thats a heck of a lot more than some businesses do.

Sweet, thanks for the info, I am going to order mine tommorrow. I hated riding my bike without one. Next on my list are asv levers

Anyone know about their rad braces yet?

'06 Yamaha YZ250F

Part Number Description Projected Availability Date

18-275 Radiator Cages 3/9/2006

'06 Yamaha YZ450F

Part Number Description Projected Availability Date

18-263 Radiator Cages 3/15/2006

Im not all that impressed with mine, to be honest.... :thumbsup:

The fitment isnt all that great.

1) it's a bit off center between the frame spars in the front

2) the rear bolt area is recessed, but not enough so there is about a 1/4" gap - had to use longer bolt to reach the mounting tab that's on the frame.

I wonder if i have a prototype or something :thumbsup:

Im pretty bummed about this - i mean, yes it fits and will do the job, but I expected a LOT better fit/finish from works connection :bonk:

2) the rear bolt area is recessed, but not enough so there is about a 1/4" gap - had to use longer bolt to reach the mounting tab that's on the frame.

Im pretty bummed about this - i mean, yes it fits and will do the job, but I expected a LOT better fit/finish from works connection :bonk:

Noticed the same thing...you would think as simple as a glide plate is it would bolt on as good as the OEM plate.

If anyone else is having this problem let the rest of us know. I would rather spend the extra money on a carbon fiber plate than one that doesn't fit right.

If anyone else is having this problem let the rest of us know. I would rather spend the extra money on a carbon fiber plate than one that doesn't fit right.

I will take some pictures tonight if I get a chance. To me it's just typical OEM vs. aftermarket. Does it fit perfect and line up just right??? no....

Mine bolted right up - with Stock hardware :thumbsup:

yea the front is just a hair off center - no big deal - it is a lot better than what comes on the bike - and for you "everything has to be perfectly straight" types....it ain't no different than every subframe that is a little off center...from the factory

It does however cover the entire lower framerails - this is good for the protection - and unless your front wheel sends a 15lb rock between the frame rails/towards the cases you will be fine...........

I have the carbon fiber works one and experienced some fitment issues with that one as well.It is perfectly in the center of the bike.But is seems the bottom mount hole is about a 1/8inch too far forward making it a pain to get on.It also has a oil drain hole that I can actually drain without making a huge mess.

Has anyone seen anything on the GYT-R plate yet. I saw it in the mags but can't seem to find it in yamaha 's accessory dept. on the website. I imagine the GYT-R plate would fit better. Matt

Im not all that impressed with mine, to be honest.... :bonk:

I am gonna take a beating on this, but..... Works Connection is CRAP! I have had there R-Braces on another bike, none of the mount holes lined up, I had to MAKE it fit. Then I had the same problem with frame guards on my CR500, I had to hammer it, to make it fit.

Sorry guys, but they suck in MY book! :thumbsup:

Now be nice, no hitting or back biting! :bonk:

I am gonna take a beating on this, but..... Works Connection is CRAP! I have had there R-Braces on another bike, none of the mount holes lined up, I had to MAKE it fit. Then I had the same problem with frame guards on my CR500, I had to hammer it, to make it fit.

Sorry guys, but they suck in MY book! :thumbsup:

Now be nice, no hitting or back biting! :bonk:

I to have had past problems with WC - but my 06 lined up and fits fine no problems...for 60.00 what the hey?

I checked all over for the GYTR - there is no eta.....and I decided, I am not waiting any longer :thumbsup:

riding last night, it makes a strange echo - sounds kinda weird lol

can only hear it at low speeds - and i dont have the foam in yet. may do that later this week. just wanted to bolt it up without then decided to go ride instead of wrench :thumbsup:

I to have had past problems with WC - but my 06 lined up and fits fine no problems...for 60.00 what the hey?

I checked all over for the GYTR - there is no eta.....and I decided, I am not waiting any longer :thumbsup:

Back To The Front!