HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Live To Ride Mike

What is the best way to part out a 426?

7 posts in this topic

I assume the best way to sell off a 426 with a bad motor is on EBAY. I have over a 100 buys but only 2 sells and never parted out a whole bike before and I am not sure what parts to sell together and what parts seperately? Any suggestions?

Sell everything separately except the forks. Seems to be the trend.

How much do you want for the odometer counter spacer thingy on the front axcel? I'm in need of one.

I understand that I should sell every thing (except the wheels I would like to keep) but does anything get grouped together?

When I sell products to my friends or fellow racers, I usually sell it for 1/2 of retail.

Do you know if I can make the 2001 WR wheel fit on my 2006 YZF? Any clue what I will need? Does anyone sell an odometer replacment spacer?

Sell everything separatelyexcept the forks as Bamster said. If the motor is bad you should probably dismantle it and sell the good useable pieces seprate, eg: Head, Cyl, Carb. You could sell the bottom end as a whole or pieces, easier for you to sell the botttom end as a whole part, then it all goes away at once. Check out ebay and watch for a couple of weeks, bookmark items and see how well they sell. Grouping things like the carb, cables and throttle together should mean you have less straggler parts laying around. Watch Ebay for a couple of weeks and see how everyone else sells things. There a people out there that are regularly parting out bikes as a part of thier business. A lot of them strip them right down to bits and pieces and don't grooup anything.

If you are interested in selling the head PM me with a price.

Good luck

Thanks

He dropped a valve, so wouldn't that mean the head in no good? I think that would go for a lot less then 1/2 retail. Please PM me with what you think it is worth?

Thanks

Do you know if I can make the 2001 WR wheel fit on my 2006 YZF? Any clue what I will need? Does anyone sell an odometer replacment spacer?

Can't help you, but if you end up wanting to see your wheels (or at least the front in particular) PLEASE PLEASE PM me :thumbsup: . My front rim on my '01 is......umm..............unique to say the least.

Thanks

Dodger