WR tanks Vs YZF tanks, Which is it???

I recently bought a WR426 01 after trading my YZ250 02 and all i have heard is change the seat and tank and u'll b right... i liked the feel of the tank and seat so i thought i would ask the obvious question. i trailride and was wondering what the best tank would be??? The stocker is big and bulky and so i thought the YZF would be better but how much can it hold çompared to the stocker?? i have also heard you can get bigger yzf tank and if so is there any benifit in swapping or is it the same as the bulky wr one?? so which tank is it?? Any help will be much appreciated.. sorry for the neby question

cheers ?

Backwheel, If memory serves me the YZ tank was 2.2 Us gal and the WR was 3.3 Us gal. I got the whole thing for about $120 US, but if you are patient I am sure you could do even less expensive. I was impatient. The ability to get more toward the front is VERY noticeable. As for distance, I did a mix of single and double track and fire roads that totaled a little over 70 miles with lots of elevation change. I bet I still had about 15+ miles of gas in the tank. Hope that helps ?

I have an '01 WR426.

Without a doubt... go with the Zipty "Lowboy" tank. It is lower than the Clark which puts the weight a bid lower. Downfall? You have to have a remote hotstart.

I picked up the tank (One Industries), Zipty tank and hotstart for $200 used. Markable difference in the handling!! ?

Link...

Here's mine on the bike...

FTD

That looks like the go so slam one of those baby's on with a sticker kit and YZ seat and ill be right... ? nice bike too.

Thanx for all the advice... ?

I just read on the site that it raises the seat height??? ur link.

but the fuel sits lower ie. better handling... did you notice the height difference? I'm basicly on 6ft mybe bit taller reassure me coz i orsered it...please. :bonk::bonk:

FTD

That looks like the go so slam one of those baby's on with a sticker kit and YZ seat and ill be right... ? nice bike too.

Thanx for all the advice... ?

I just read on the site that it raises the seat height??? ur link.

but the fuel sits lower ie. better handling... did you notice the height difference? I'm basicly on 6ft mybe bit taller reassure me coz i orsered it...please. :bonk::bonk:

I didn't even know about the seat height. I TRY to stand most the time though. At 6' myself... I can stand and squeeze my knees where the seat and tank meet... makes for better control for me.